SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Range Day - I’m impressed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Range Day - I’m impressed! Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Took a range day yesterday with my P227 and P220 10mm but the focus was the two new CZes I added recently. Up to this point the only CZ I’ve ever shot was a rental 97 at a range in Charlotte, NC.

I was impressed. These things are dead on accurate, triggers are fantastic, recoil is minimal even for 9mm. They rival my P226 X-5 Tactical except in the recoil department. The X-5 Tactical is the softest shooing gun I’ve ever shot.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cz's are great guns, no doubt. I have 4 including the TacSports. They are fantastic guns. For some reason, I can't quite love them the way I do my Hk's and SIG's, so I don't shoot them that much. But I really need to put some time into them, they are great. CongratsSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It adds $400+ to the initial cost, but send one out to CZ Custom Shop or Cajun Gun Werks for a tune! You will REALLY be impressed.

I sent a 75B and a PO1 in....They have become my favorite Range toys. They really transform them with their action jobs. Then again so does Robert Burke with a SIG. Makes an already great pistol better.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I love my CZ's..

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ triggers aren’t great out of the box. Ergos are tough to beat. Get a trigger job and they are better than Sig’s in my opinion.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
CZ triggers aren’t great out of the box. Ergos are tough to beat. Get a trigger job and they are better than Sig’s in my opinion.

Depends on the CZ. The TS orange and Parrot have ruined most other handgun triggers for me.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I hate CZ....they just keep multiplying. Need to take a new group photo with the stainless 75b and Rami

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:

Depends on the CZ. The TS orange and Parrot have ruined most other handgun triggers for me.

I’m probably not the greatest trigger connoisseur, but I have no complaints with either one. The TS trigger is really light and smooth.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
The trigger on my TSO is much better than my Parrot. The TSO is better than my STI Limited.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I had my Shadow 2 out at the range yesterday, trying out a few different brands of 9mm JHP. The gun shoots so well, and so accurately, I'm questioning why I even need some of my other range guns. SIGs included.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting post. I am on the fence about a CZ 75.

All of my CZs were made before 1954 ended [CZ 52 and a CZ 24].

The one element that has stopped me from buying a CZ is the trigger 'reach', as it is just a bit too far for me to comfortably use the DA trigger pull.

Some say- get a CZ 75 SA!

I say that I have 7 SA handguns in 9 and .40, and that isn't counting conversion kits.

As a California resident, I can't have more than 10 rounds anyway, so the capacity improvement of a CZ 75 over a BHP doesn't apply to me.

But, I am impressed with their quality and kind of hanker for one.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I sent both my CZ75s to Cajun Custom Gun Works for a "Defensive Pistol Package" and couldn't be more pleased. They transformed a couple decent pistols into outstanding carry pieces.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup! Make mine SAs!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I like CZs also. I have a SP01 Custom Shadow and a 75 Compact with alloy frame and safety. Both tuned by CZ Custom shop. Awesome triggers.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2767 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I only have one CZ left(CZ P01 compact) and one clone, the Sphinx SDP compact. I've had others, all great guns IMO. I regret selling my CZ97, probably a favorite of my CZ's.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is there any mechanical difference between the different TS colors? Orange, Blue, 2 tone?

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post