New
Find
Notify
Tools

M9A3 Beretta Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
A friend bought a couple of these and wanted me to test fire one of them. I have shot Beretta's in the past and a Taurus clone. I did notice that they seem to have made the grip smaller. This gun came with 3 10 rd magazines and I have never seen mags that were more difficult to load. The sight picture is corrupted by the safety on either side that looks like elephant ears in my opinion. The gun was flawless in operation and accurate.

My complaint about this particular gun since day one, is that it is too big for a 9mm. I suppose that it is a holster weapon and not meant for concealment.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Have you done much shooting with the M9A3??? how was the accuracy??? how was the trigger???

That pistol was designed to replace the militarys current M9's they have night sights and a threaded barrel to use a suppressor for special ops. The tan ceracote is consistent with the current theater of operations in the middle east.

I am looking forward to purchase on here in the next year. They are great looking guns and have that Beretta reliability. This is a service gun and I would carry this gun as a duty weapon. As far as concealed carry, it was not designed for this purpose. Beretta handguns are not for everyone. We each have our preferences, I personally love the Beretta 92/96 series as I have carried them in the Marine Corps, and as a cop so I am a little biased.

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Berettas and have several. If a 10 round mag is not required in your area, the "sand resistant" 15 rounders sold by Beretta are very easy to load and reliable. Beretta makes a full line of guns, some are designed for concealment. The 92 series, not so much. They do make a compact you may enjoy. But, if you don't like the gun, shop for something else. There's a wide world of 9mm pistols out there, enjoy!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I found it to be accurate and very reliable. The trigger was ok, but not as good as my Sigs. I have no interest in one, but my friend wanted me to shoot his.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Change the hammer spring to a 16# or lighter and a bit of lube and dry firing and you will be amazed with the trigger. 6 bucks and five minutes work pays big dividends.

Posts: 105 | Location: United States | Registered: May 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
and as long as you have the hammer spring out, polish both ends of it as well as the head of the hammer strut. I keep some Flitz and a cotton polish wheel my cordless Dremel for this reason. Adds 90 seconds to your work and pays dividends.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I particularly like the DA trigger on them; one of the few DA/SA guns straight from the factory that I find very appealing and shootable. To me it's more appealing than the bang switch of SIG Legions.

Despite my pledge a few weeks back to NOT purchase another gun for at least a couple of months, I now have a 'G' with my name intrinsically tied to it. Although I've never had any problems with the standard FS grip the Vertec grip profile of the M9A3 is a peach for my hands. About the only thing I wish changed is that Beretta had instead done an Ionbond PVD coating on the slide instead of Cerakote. at least it kind of fits with my FDE SIG 516.

Between this and the M45A1 I got a couple months back, I'm DEFINITELY going to have to suck it up and pick up a FDE SCAR Heavy to make it all match one another and bring my gun world back into harmony. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have big paws, but I also find the Vertec grip preferable. I do like the slim G10 grips for the normal 92FS, they also make a difference

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Beretta 92fs grip but did not care for the Vector grip. The beauty of the M9A3 is you can have the best of both worlds. My 92fs will be the last pistol I ever get rid of.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
My complaint about this particular gun since day one, is that it is too big for a 9mm. I suppose that it is a holster weapon and not meant for concealment.

This riculous gripe about the M9 is something I hear folks parroting forever on the internet, yeah since day 1. It is about the same large size as all other wonder nines (P226, P88, P85/89, G17, USP9, CZ 75), yet all you hear is, "The Beretta is too large for its caliber", and never the other guns. Just nonsense how the legend caught on.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Its because its really a long slide version. The 92 Centurion with 4.3" barrel is what the duty weapon should have been. Think 226 vs 228 except the Centurion is 226 length and the M9 is longer still.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post