SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 220 Sport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 220 Sport Login/Join 
Banned
posted
After having to sell a Sig 220 Sport several years ago because of medical problems I never thought I would find another one. Well this week I finally found another one. This one seems to be new never being fired except by Sig. I cannot wait to get it.Thanks Rwschill.

Posts: 1606 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear you found another.

You have been here long enough to know that you will to post pics, or it did not happen. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase. They are great guns, and super smooth to shoot.

I picked one up about a year ago on consignment at a LGS. Has the Bomar black sights, great trigger. I posted pics of it last year, its definitely a keeper.

I handled a P220 X6 at IWA today. Felt very good, but realistically about the same as my P220 Sport, minus the comp, in my opinion. Enjoy your P220 Sport, glad you found another one.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Lucky! I've been looking for one for like 3 years!

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good find enjoy.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Wow, Why? I was very luck and found a uber rare P226 Sport variation last year and bought it. (I didn't know that much about the Sports at the time) I was actually thinking about shooting it a ton, then found out what they are worth. Crazy, sold it fast.

The only reason I bought it to begin with was the price wasn't much more than a new P226 Elite or Legion. It's really goofy how the weight and front sight are all one big unit. But you know what, if you think it's neat than good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
Wow, Why? I was very luck and found a uber rare P226 Sport variation last year and bought it. (I didn't know that much about the Sports at the time) I was actually thinking about shooting it a ton, then found out what they are worth. Crazy, sold it fast.

The only reason I bought it to begin with was the price wasn't much more than a new P226 Elite or Legion. It's really goofy how the weight and front sight are all one big unit. But you know what, if you think it's neat than good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

What the hell, man? Why what?

First, the man knows exactly what this gun is. He had it before and had to sell it due to medical issues. So, he wants another one and is excited to be able to secure one again. That's what the thread is about. He doesn't need anyone to tell him "whatever floats his boat".

Second, you obviously didn't know what it was, got lucky and stumbled on one for cheap, realized what it was, then flipped it for a profit. Good for you. BFD. This thread is not about you or how "goofy" you think the gun is. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

What the hell, man? Why what?

First, the man knows exactly what this gun is. He had it before and had to sell it due to medical issues. So, he wants another one and is excited to be able to secure one again. That's what the thread is about. He doesn't need anyone to tell him "whatever floats his boat".

Second, you obviously didn't know what it was, got lucky and stumbled on one for cheap, realized what it was, then flipped it for a profit. Good for you. BFD. This thread is not about you or how "goofy" you think the gun is. Roll Eyes

Wow, relax dude. It's just my opinion.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dude. You took a fine shooter and flipped it for a safe queen. You're in no position to question someone for getting a fine shooter in order to shoot it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SouthernPride:
After having to sell a Sig 220 Sport several years ago because of medical problems I never thought I would find another one. Well this week I finally found another one. This one seems to be new never being fired except by Sig. I cannot wait to get it.Thanks Rwschill.

That's awesome. They are amazing pistols.

I've got all three. The P220 and P229 use aluminum comps. the P226 Sport uses a steel barrel weight.

All three are great. Cool

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well maybe because the Sport models are built to very high German Mastershop standards like the X Series were after them.

The others you mention are mass produced Exeter guns. No thanks. Quality over quantity every time for me. Comparing them to an Elite or Legion is a joke.

There's a reason the Sport models are worth the money they are.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
Congrats on the purchase. They are great guns, and super smooth to shoot.

I picked one up about a year ago on consignment at a LGS. Has the Bomar black sights, great trigger. I posted pics of it last year, its definitely a keeper.

I handled a P220 X6 at IWA today. Felt very good, but realistically about the same as my P220 Sport, minus the comp, in my opinion. Enjoy your P220 Sport, glad you found another one.

Yes, it's very similar to the X6. The biggest difference is one is SAO and the other is DA/SA.

Same barrel type, same build quality, etc...

I find my P226 Sport's accuracy on par with my X-Five L1. I do prefer the X-Five's SAO trigger a little better.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes you are right it is definitely a keeper. If I am not mistaken a Sig Customer service rep told me when these first came out that only 100 were shipped to the United States. Maybe someone on here knows if that is correct. This one will definitely not be going anywhere.

Posts: 1606 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got my Sig 220 Sport today. Thanks rwschill.It is brand never fired except by Sig.Frame and slide have matching serial numbers.What a awesome deal. [IMG:left] [/IMG]

posted Hide Post
Congratulations,a nice addition.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. That's definitely on my list...would love to find on in such nice shape

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thats a sweet looking P220 you have there.

One thing that may pique your interest, The newer German P220s have the date stamped on the left side of the barrel instead of under the slide.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I would love to find a 220 sport. Congrats on the find!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SouthernPride:
Well I finally got my Sig 220 Sport today. Thanks rwschill.It is brand never fired except by Sig.Frame and slide have matching serial numbers.What a awesome deal. [IMG:left] [/IMG]

That is a fine 220....aka "Sport Stock" aka "Sport N".

When identified as a "Sport", most will automatically default to the models with barrel weight/comp.

Have a few myself, fine guns, did you notice the all SS barrel, and the smooth operation of the slide/frame. On a NOS gun like yours, it takes a bit of extra effort to rack the slide.

And there's a factory version with three dot combat sights, that would make quite a HD gun!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are great pistols. My Sport took a trip to Grayguns.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post