SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 34 gen 5?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 34 gen 5? Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’m glad you got what you wanted. I was going to state that when I was looking for a G5 34, I discovered that all the front serration models had no cutout. At the time that was the only way I knew of to guarantee no cutout but it looks like you found that out.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
My 34 MOS arrived at my dealer. No front grip cutout, no slide cutout and it has front serrations.

I'm sorry. I'm confused by your statement. I thought the reason the MOS was the MOS was because it had the slide cutout for the optics. Am I incorrect on that thinking?

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
My 34 MOS arrived at my dealer. No front grip cutout, no slide cutout and it has front serrations.

I'm sorry. I'm confused by your statement. I thought the reason the MOS was the MOS was because it had the slide cutout for the optics. Am I incorrect on that thinking?

He means there big square cut on the forward part of the slide. Originally intended to keep the slide weight similar to a 17 so the RSA could keep up. Guessing no longer necessary with the dual stage springs and saves 5 seconds of mill time per slide.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:

He means there big square cut on the forward part of the slide. Originally intended to keep the slide weight similar to a 17 so the RSA could keep up. Guessing no longer necessary with the dual stage springs and saves 5 seconds of mill time per slide.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you.

It's a great looking pistol. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to the rear sight, so I have no idea what's on it, other than that it was advertised as Ameriglo Bold.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:
quote:

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you.

It's a great looking pistol. Unfortunately, I didn't pay much attention to the rear sight, so I have no idea what's on it, other than that it was advertised as Ameriglo Bold.

Oh! Got it. That is nice.

I have wanted to purchase a Glock 34 gen 5 and a Glock 22 gen 4 to use at Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF) matches. But lack of funds has prevented me from purchasing the pistols and lack of time has prevented me from attending any matches. I can still dream, however. Frown

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Good news. I picked up the my Glock 34 today and the rear sight does not hang over the back of the slide. It's dimensionally the same as my Glock 47. It has a square notch rather than rounded, but otherwise the same.

I decided that a Glock 42 would be a nice carry gun as well, but the wife decided that she wanted it. So I got 2 of them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken226,

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, the Ameriglo Agent night sight fits the Gen 5 Glock 34 perfectly with no overhang. And yeah, all of the gen 5 34s with the front cocking serrations don't have the cutout.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
For what it's worth, the Ameriglo Agent night sight fits the Gen 5 Glock 34 perfectly with no overhang. And yeah, all of the gen 5 34s with the front cocking serrations don't have the cutout.

I thought it was the Ameriglo Trooper sights that are for MOS models and no overhang ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:

I thought it was the Ameriglo Trooper sights that are for MOS models and no overhang ?

Yes.

These are the Troopers, the pic is from the Ameriglo website.

They are what came my new 34 MOS. Same exact markings.

posted Hide Post
Mine were installed later. They were just marked Agent Gen 5.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But now that I look at them, they do look the same as the trooper.

I was in a Field and Stream store today, I know they suck. Had time to kill while mom shopped in the mall. They had a gen 5 Glock 34 with only 10 round magazines on clearance for $699. I had to think about it before leaving the store. That would have been a decent price before the pandemic.

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
But now that I look at them, they do look the same as the trooper.

I was in a Field and Stream store today, I know they suck. Had time to kill while mom shopped in the mall. They had a gen 5 Glock 34 with only 10 round magazines on clearance for $699. I had to think about it before leaving the store. That would have been a decent price before the pandemic.

The Ameriglo Agent has a different shape on the sides of the rear face, on each side of the tritium vials they are rounded. Also, the Agents have more of the sight aft of the dovetail.

posted Hide Post
I think they did away with it on the newer ones

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Worth Texas | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post