SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W. German 226 DAO - factory offering?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W. German 226 DAO - factory offering? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The hammer is what is most critically different between DAO and DA/SA, so yes, you’ll need a DA/SA hammer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Thank you

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
I’ve purchased a decocking lever, spring and bushing. I’ve read that I need a new sear, which I plan to take care of with a SRT kit.
Will the hammer that is on the gun now work in DA/SA mode, or do I need to get a new hammer, too?
Anything else I’m overlooking for the conversion?

Got the last of the parts in this week, and installed today. Everything fits great and works perfectly. I’m happy with the conversion.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
The "short" trigger didn't arrive until the early/mid 2000's.

This is incorrect. The short trigger has been around since the early 90s. It was not as ubiquitous as it is now, that's why a lot of folks were not aware of it, but it started rearing its ugly head much earlier than early/mid 2000's.

Yes, they were uncommon but I recall the first one I saw belonged to one of the owners of the indoor range where I shot in 1992-1994 time frame.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! If you haven't yet, switch to a #19 mainspring. I will really lighten up the DA, the SA a tad, and I've never experienced any light strikes even on hard primers. This weight is used in a lot of "duty" level action jobs.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post