SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is a beautiful beast!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The CZ 75 Shadow 2 Orange is a beautiful beast! Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That is one fine lady! Beautiful weapon.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

If I understand correctly, the CGW mod was relatively small (ie $) for this particular model (unless you requested further mods)?

The online-indicated price for CGW’s version is better than some LGS prices for a non-CGW S2 Orange.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very nice. Definitely a step above my Shadow 2.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have the Shadow 2, the orange is one nice looking firearm...

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Nice! I just handled a CZ75 Parrot this week and that trigger was other-worldly. How do you compare the Orange vs. the LTT Beretta you got recently?

I'll say very close. The DA on both are light and silky smooth, but I'll give the LTT a slight edge in the SA department, and here's why. They are both free of the grittiness I always whine about on stock guns. But, while the CZ SA still sees (and you can feel) a tiny slip before the sear breaks, the LTT just breaks "like glass rod", and that's on the same level as the Sig Armorer's Competition Level Action Job. I don't know how folks measure their satisfaction with the trigger actions, but that's just how I do mine.

quote:
Originally posted by AJD:
In terms of build quality and fit and finish how would you compare this to your German X-Five and P210 models?

As I said above, this CZ is the tightest gun I've ever laid hands on. The finishes on German guns, however, are smoother.

quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Great pictures!
I’m curious why the inside of the slide is polished and not parkerized or finished with one of the other exotic coatings? NP3, I think?

Bothe the slide's internal and the barrel's external are polished probably to give a slicker interface?

quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
Awesome.
If I understand correctly, the CGW mod was relatively small (ie $) for this particular model (unless you requested further mods)?
The online-indicated price for CGW’s version is better than some LGS prices for a non-CGW S2 Orange.

Yeah, that price from CGW is better than non-mod prices from elsewhere, like CZ Custom selling it for 2k.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great write up, thank you! That beast is damn purty, going to dive head first into the CZ pool with the Shadow Orange.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, that price from CGW is better than non-mod prices from elsewhere, like CZ Custom selling it for 2k.

The relationship between CZ Custom and CZ has always been a bit of a puzzler to me. Kinda indie but not really. Pseudo factory store. Factory gun prices are set accordingly, so not to upset the normal dealer network...most of the time. Puzzler.

As for the price of the factory Orange elsewhere; considering what the dealer cost is on the gun, it's rather surprising that CGW can price their modified Orange as well as they do. Maybe they got special pricing thanks to some heavy quantity buying? Some other backroom dealer with CZ?

Oh, those dirty industry 'secrets'...

EDIT: Oh, and sweet gun, btw.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy seeing this one on my ipad. Pics are small by phone. Nice pistol Q.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yes it is!

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:

The relationship between CZ Custom and CZ has always been a bit of a puzzler to me. Kinda indie but not really. Pseudo factory store. Factory gun prices are set accordingly, so not to upset the normal dealer network...most of the time. Puzzler.

As for the price of the factory Orange elsewhere; considering what the dealer cost is on the gun, it's rather surprising that CGW can price their modified Orange as well as they do. Maybe they got special pricing thanks to some heavy quantity buying? Some other backroom dealer with CZ?

Oh, those dirty industry 'secrets'...

EDIT: Oh, and sweet gun, btw.

I think the name "CZ Custom" is what adds the most to the confusion. Totally separate companies. Though there is a close relationship. Basically CZ Custom buys a fair amount of stuff from CZ USA and turns those guns and parts into something they sell under their own name. In a few other cases CZ USA ships guns to CZ Custom to have some work done and then ship back to sell as a CZ USA product. CZ USA always lists this as "By CZ Custom", an example would be the 91763 (the AO1-LD).

The Shadow 2 Orange (91249) is basically a CZ Factory version of the "Accushadow 2 By CZ Custom Shop" (91763). Confused yet? let's keep going, lol! The 91763 life cycle is basically this = imported as a regular Shadow 2 (91254, same as the 91257 but with black grips) by CZ-USA. That 91257 is sent to CZ Custom by CZ-USA. CZ Custom turns that into a 91763 sends it back to VZ-USA. CZ USA then sells that 91763 as a CZ-USA product. On the other hand the 91249 has all the custom work done by the CZ factory and is imported as it's sold. One of the main reasons for the 91249 is that as a factory built pistol it's eligible for certain competitive shooting divisions that the 91763 is not (because it's considered a non factory gun).

There are many more CZ Custum guns that are not sold as CZ-USA products. CZ Custom purchases a standard gun (SP-01, P-01, whatever) from CZ-USA and turns it into any number of their own products and sells it under their name.

Lol, hope that helps.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:

There are many more CZ Custum guns that are not sold as CZ-USA products. CZ Custom purchases a standard gun (SP-01, P-01, whatever) from CZ-USA and turns it into any number of their own products and sells it under their name.

Lol, hope that helps.

This is what essentially they did for me. I bought a new CZ 75B matte stainless directly from CZ Custom (CGW couldn't even get one since they're discontinued) and they then made it the CZ 75B SA (Single action only.....also discontinued) as well as added their sights, grips, etc. and when finished they shipped it to me. It is phenomenal with a 1911 crisp 3.5 lb trigger.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, Q, you may just have talked me into my first non-SIG.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Between your Shadow 2 Orange and your Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion, which one would you say has the better trigger?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Between your Shadow 2 Orange and your Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion, which one would you say has the better trigger?

Don't have either pistol exactly, but do have an Elite LTT with the trigger job which I installed a 12lb mainspring, a Shadow 2 with the normal spring changes & an AccuShadow 2 which I changed out the main- & recoil springs as per usual for CZs.

As received (except for the lighter mainspring) the Elite LTT had the best trigger with a lighter & very linear DA pull, although longer than either CZ. The AccuShadow 2 had an awesome SA trigger but it was noticeably heavier but with a shorter stroke. The Shadow 2 had a very nice stock trigger, but noticeably heavier that the other 2 pistols.

After changing out the mainsprings on both CZs and other suggested changes the CZs both have outstanding triggers, both DA & SA. The weight of pull may be slightly heavier than on the LTT but the length of pull are noticeably shorter which is pretty important to me specifically. While the break on the AccuShadow 2 is a bit shorter in DA than on the Shadow 2 the Shadow 2 is slightly smoother. Single action triggers on all three pistols are outstanding.

Both of these pistols respond very well to simple & cheap mods. Hope this helps answer your question.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Ha! You have the exact same question as PGT above. See my answer posted above. But, the short answer is, the LTT has an edge.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I missed that. Sorry for the redundancy, but thanks also to sprg03 for adding his input w/ similar models.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I should also add that the DA trigger reach of the Shadow2 Orange is a full quarter inch longer than the LTT (3 & 1/16 inches vs. 2 & 13/16 inches). The measurements are from the back strap (where the 1st web of your hand makes contact) to the trigger face.

Q

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
CZ definitely shits Tiffany cuff-links these days. That's one nice pistol.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a work of art!The machine work is beautiful.Congrats on that fine pistol.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Well... I jumped and grabbed one. Cant wait to shoot it next to the Sig 226 X5.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post