SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does a p250 Compact slide work on a Full-size grip?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does a p250 Compact slide work on a Full-size grip? Login/Join 
posted
Does a p250 Compact slide work on a Full-size grip?
I looked through the forum posts for an answer and didn't find one. I'm curious if the take-down pin will line up on the Full-size frame.

Anyone do that? I know I can get mag extensions to make the 17's work... just curious.

I may put a WTB out for a 250 Full Size... it's quickly become my favorite platform.

Any info appreciated!

String

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stringdriver,

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P250 slide and grip each attach to the FCU independent of each other. Any slide can work with any grip, however a FS grip's dustcover would stick out farther than C or SC slides (and can be cut shorter to fit).

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
You should look into whether a P320 Carry grip module will work with your P250 compact slide. If it will, that would be pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I really like my P320 carry...full size grip and mags but well balanced with the shorter slide.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You should look into whether a P320 Carry grip module will work with your P250 compact slide.

Yes it will. All P250 & P320 frames are interchangeable (very early P250C frames require very early mag base plates).

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
There is a slight difference.... between newer and older frames... I have a P250 compact I bought used and I bought an exchange kit last year by mistake.... the newer frame is a little different at the slide lock place.

not sure about the original question but I think you can do that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
You should look into whether a P320 Carry grip module will work with your P250 compact slide. If it will, that would be pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I really like my P320 carry...full size grip and mags but well balanced with the shorter slide.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to all for the replies. It didn't dawn on me to think of the Carry grip. Ha. That's the power of the forum, right?

I appreciate the experience and replies!

String

P.s. I may still look for a Full Size 250. Seems a great GTW or nightstand piece.

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post