SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ Tactical Sport Orange in 40 S&W!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ Tactical Sport Orange in 40 S&W! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Best wife ever! Pictures of the gun to follow. It’s got a super light trigger and the grip really doesn’t feel much different than my Shadow 2.

Now comes the need for a holster and caliber exchange kit for the Dillon 650!

Photos of my new USPSA Limited Major gun and Limited Minor gun. The Shadow 2 will now be used for Steel Challenge and training classes primarily.

It appears I shall have to retake some photos with a real camera when I have more time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I held one in the LGS a few months back. Like an idiot I didn’t buy it. Even though they had two, both in my preferred caliber 9mm, they lasted a couple days and they have not restocked yet. I will grab one next time. It’s gotta be one of the nicest guns I’ve ever felt at any price.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I’m jealous! I’m a big CZ fan and really like the TSO. I’ll need to find some stuff to sell and get me one. Congrats on a great pistol!
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
As someone who own the Shadow 2 and TSO, which one would you prefer if you could only own one?

I keep going back and forth between the two. I'm not going to compete with either one. It's for range fun only and "because I can."

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. If you have no rules for games, then I’d say the TSO. Either 9mm or 40. It’s a big gun for 9mm, but I bet it’d shoot super soft and hold more ammo. The TSO seems to be fitted tighter and has a much better and lighter trigger feel than the Shadow. I like the rear sight on the TSO better and it has a slightly longer barrel. Oddly it had a few more less than smooth machine marks in the inside, but nothing to effect function.

If you have rules or are planning on buying all the gear to participate, the Shadow seems to be easier to get holsters for without a wait.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Hmmm. If you have no rules for games, then I’d say the TSO. Either 9mm or 40. It’s a big gun for 9mm, but I bet it’d shoot super soft and hold more ammo. The TSO seems to be fitted tighter and has a much better and lighter trigger feel than the Shadow. I like the rear sight on the TSO better and it has a slightly longer barrel. Oddly it had a few more less than smooth machine marks in the inside, but nothing to effect function.

If you have rules or are planning on buying all the gear to participate, the Shadow seems to be easier to get holsters for without a wait.

Thanks Riley. I don't compete with handguns so there are no rules I need to worry about.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Minor mods coming, strictly personal preference at this point.

Green FO front sight
Cajun Gun Works floating trigger pin
CZ Custom wider safety to be ordered, I’ll put one on the Shadow as well
Orange LOK Grips to be ordered
Very likely a slightly narrower front sight
I’d like to find something to fill the holes where I removed the thumb rest

I’m researching different magwells but it looks like I may just blend this one.

The gun came with different rate recoil springs, spare mainsprings, two slide stop pins that are pin only with no paddle. Along with 3 mags and some more buffers. The paddleless slide stop pins are for those who accidentally activate the slide release. I don’t normally have that issue as I have to activate it with my left hand anyway. But it’s nice for emergency spares.

I’ll be ordering a Red Hill Tactical holster and some Safariland ELS gear.

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I think that's the best gun for the money. Very awesome.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Not surprisingly, this gun shoots. I didn't have my good glasses with me so distance was rough, but I was able to keep 3 of 5 in a 3" circle at 25yrds off hand. Gun was sighted well from the factory and I was just using 180gr Magtech ammo.

It's got some push to it, after 60 rounds I have a hot spot on my left palm where the mag release was hitting. I still need to work on my grip strength and some more textured grips should help. The Aluminum are just slick.

I tried it with and without the thumb rest, I'm not sold on using it yet.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
My Red Hill Tactical holster come in today, it’s very well done. I ordered it with a black shell and orange inner layer to go with the TSO grips. The double shell makes it very stiff and with the knobs vs screws, it will be really nice to adjust.

I ordered it with the Safariland QLS mounting patter but I’ve not picked up any QLS/ELS stuff yet... I’m hoping the 1.75” belt setup will allow for a more ridged platform.

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Admirable sir, admirable.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
She’s a keeper! Both um.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
It’s on my 2019 list

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score!
I shoot regularly with a buddy who brought his TSO along on our last outing. (He’s also been a major influence in my new admiration for SIGs.) Shooting the TSO was nothing short of euphoric!
I honestly couldn’t believe how well I placed my shots... Now, I really want one!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Looks like another gun for my "must have" list.. .

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece man. Congrats.

Does your wife have a sister? Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That's a handsome pair!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice. That's some serious race rig

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome set !

Congrats from a CZ fanboy ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun is just the first expense! I keep having the itch to take up USPSA Open Division, but the gun, the rig, the extra mags, caliber conversion & supplies, it isn't a cheap decision.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post