SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 9mm Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 9mm Compact Login/Join 
posted
My P320 has been to Factory for the trigger upgrade and that part of the gun is just wonderful. However, this gun will not accept Federal 147 grain SD ammo and the slide will jam in a partial open position every single time regardless of magazine or round. I'm unable to rack the slide and I have to hit the rear of the slide to make it go into battery.

In addition, I experience the same problem with Federal 115 gr. FMJ once in every 50 or so rounds. I'm thinking I need to call Sig CS and see if they will allow me to send it to them for review and some kind of repair.

This P320 has fired about 2200 rounds. Am I wasting my time contacting Sig? If so, then I'll try to sell/trade it since I'm not confident in carrying this gun, which has been my EDC. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Posts: 331 | Registered: March 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm understanding correctly, the round will feed but not fully chamber without a nudge? Sounds like the chamber throat is a bit tight.

First, I would clean it well and see if it continues. If so, I would contact SIG.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might have a short chamber like some of the 1st gen 5 Glocks .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have a P320c and haven't had issues with that ammunition.

What else have you tried, out of curiosity? Certainly with that round count, I'm surprised it's picky.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Viffer750:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
What else have you tried, out of curiosity? Certainly with that round count, I'm surprised it's picky.

1. BuddyChryst - You understand what's happening.

Secondly, I've cleaned gun and tried different ammo. I've used different magazines and different ammo. Sadly, same results. I really like the trigger action and it breaks at about 4.5 lbs. So I'm eager to get this issue fixed. Think I'll call Sig tomorrow and start the ball rolling.

Posts: 331 | Registered: March 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post