SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Five Style Base Plates for Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Five Style Base Plates for Legion Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I recently saw a picture of a P226 Equinox with X-Five magazines. I liked the way they looked and began searching. I found a company (TRT Tactical) that offers magazine or magazine bases for the P226 and P229. I ordered two of the Extended Base Plates for the 18rd Mec-Gar magazines I purchased for my P226 Legion. They offered them in "Legion Grey" so that's what I got. They also listed the Sig Academy Pro Shop as one of their distributors.
I'll post installed pictures as soon as they arrive.
The only pics on the sight appear to be computer generated graphics.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice

I use X-5/6 magazines in my P226s all the time. Several years ago I purchased some factory X-family base plates from an on-line importer, but I can not remember who. I wanted some black ones for my X5 Tactical/TB

However for the P229, I am VERY fond of the SIG Sport style magazines base plates.

Right now I can not find the product pictures, but Forum Member Brad Davis makes Sport bases for the 12 round magazine bodies. Here you will see two of the clear coated ones on my P229 Sport and P229 Sport Stock.

He offers the base plates in silver or black. For both German and Italian magazines.

I have them on 8 or 10 of my magazines. I much prefer the feel of the P229 family with those Sport Style base plates.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Wow...those look good. I'd like both of them.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
When they're in specs, TRT stuff are great, and I love them. A few things to keep in mind.

1- The owner is a very nice guy, but is sometimes hard to get a hold of. It's hit-and-miss, when it comes to try to get in touch with him. He claims he travels a lot, and I think he's also a one-man operation.

2- Sometimes, they are not in specs. The last time I ordered some +2 bases from him, they were all out of specs. The area right above the slot where you slide the base into the bottom of the mag was too tall, rendering them useless because there was no way to fully sit the mags.

3- When ordering the +2 bases, make sure you ask for the inner metal liners, because they will not automatically come with the bases. That's what happened to me.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
When they're in specs, TRT stuff are great, and I love them. A few things to keep in mind.

1- The owner is a very nice guy, but is sometimes hard to get a hold of. It's hit-and-miss, when it comes to try to get in touch with him. He claims he travels a lot, and I think he's also a one-man operation.

2- Sometimes, they are not in specs. The last time I ordered some +2 bases from him, they were all out of specs. The area right above the slot where you slide the base into the bottom of the mag was too tall, rendering them useless because there was no way to fully sit the mags.

3- When ordering the +2 bases, make sure you ask for the inner metal liners, because they will not automatically come with the bases. That's what happened to me.

I actually had a terrible experience with them.. took them almost a month to ship the magazine I had ordered and the answer I got from them was pretty much "too bad". I'll take my business elsewhere

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several for my X-Six 9mm and X-Five 40 and they work very well. Be sure to read their description on the web site as they sell several types and capacity, some fit 15 round mags and others fit 18 round mags in 9mm.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well, Mike, that's why I wrote what I wrote. Wink

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Do I need the inner liners if I ordered the X-Five Basepads for 18x9 and not the +2 basepads?

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I completed a Contact Request last night and received a response first thing this morning. Hopefully, all goes well.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Do I need the inner liners if I ordered the X-Five Basepads for 18x9 and not the +2 basepads?

Anything that adds capacity to the mag (+2 or +3) requires the inner metal liner. http://trt-tac.com/X-Five-PLUS...ey-Legion-22X-42.htm

If you just order the one for a nice look that does not add capacity, then no. http://trt-tac.com/X-Five-base...ey-Legion-22X-49.htm

Q

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I received the X-Five Legion Base Plates today. The quality and fitment are incredible. The color is perfect although it looks a little off in pictures (probably due to lighting). I ended up deciding on the Plus+2 instead of the standard extensions and I'm glad I did.

posted Hide Post
Looks good. Plus 2 seems like the choice. If I'm gonna carry the extra bulk around, I'd want to "get" something for it.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post