SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Match Elite?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Match Elite? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I have a chance at a slightly used P220 Match Elite at a good.price. I had been considering a P220 Elite, then a couple of good deals on 1911s came up. Now this deal pops up. I have a P220 Compact gen 2, which I really like. What's the good word on the Match Elite?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have one and like it a lot. It's heavy and accurate.

I've used it for the Heavy Metal division of a couple local 3-gun shoots and it's worked great. I thought the DA first shot would slow me down but it hasn't been the case.

Another thing that is cool about the P220 SME is that it's a P220, You can swap slides and frames with other P220s.

I think the P220 SME is a 1911 killer.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I haven't put a lot of rounds through it, but I have not had any issues at all. Neither the P220 Match Elite or Super Match are included on the list of current P220s on SIG's website--seems like a good reason to buy either.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Well I got it today! Shot it and my P220 Compact today. Shoots pretty good!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That is nice. Shooting an all-steel Match and a Compact on the same range trip must've made for an interesting contrast.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
That is nice. Shooting an all-steel Match and a Compact on the same range trip must've made for an interesting contrast.

It was, I have a pretty good feel for the compact. I don't know what term that I would use, The match is way heavier, but the balance due to the size difference feels similar. A few mags through each and I was better with the compact. I went back today with just the match, and I'm getting a pretty good feel for it!

Beth Greene