SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which SD ammo for P320 Compact? UPDATE: It was Buffalo Bore +P.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which SD ammo for P320 Compact? UPDATE: It was Buffalo Bore +P. Login/Join 
posted
I was at the range today using one of my P320s. This one only has about 400 rounds through it, and with practice ammo it has been 100% perfect. I tried some HP ammo and there was a FTE on each round.

I am not sure which brand it was, but the head stamp shows a star, then a curved line or arrow, then a second star. After that, 9mm LUGER. This ammo was sitting in a mag for a while, and I do not remember what box it came in.
So, any recommendations?

------------------------------------------------------

Update: Searching through my ammo I came across an unmarked box with few rounds. Inside was the cardboard marked end of a box of Buffalo Bore +P. They look the same, and have the same Starline headstamp. During the ammo shortage a few years ago, I purchased what I could get.

Thanks for all the replies, will stick with Gold Dot and Federal HST for now. Also this really shows how important it is to test your ammo in each pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Speer, Hornady, Federal, Winchester, Remington, and SIG SD ammo in 9mm; none have that head stamp. A post on a Glock Talk forum suggests it could be Starline brass used by Corbon or others.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked up Starline Brass, it does indeed appear to be their headstamp. Thanks for the suggestion. I have purchased Corbon to test, probably was from that purchase.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have found, in general terms, that Gold Dots and Golden Sabers tend to run even in finicky guns but YMMV. You need to test any ammo you decide on though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7630 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Starline is great brass...and what you describe is indeed their headstamp. Is it possible you were shooting some reloads? If so, that opens up a very wide range of possible causes of your malfunctions.

My P320 carry (pretty much the same thing as your compact, but with a slightly longer grip) has been 100% with everything I've fed it. For Carry ammo, it's hard to beat a Federal HST. Speer Gold Dot or Sig VCrown are my other two options of preference.

Posts: 8411 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Lehigh Defense.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/...e-defense-ammunition

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal HST 124gr standard velocity is all you need (if we are talking 9mm)
https://www.luckygunner.com/la...mmo-ballistic-tests/

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My P320 Compact has digested well over 1000 rounds of Federal HST 124 grain +P 9mm with no problems.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speer Gold dot for me too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of faith in Gold Dots. I also get +P for defense. Part of my thought process of +P is that is should feed more reliably.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cckw:
I have a lot of faith in Gold Dots. I also get +P for defense. Part of my thought process of +P is that is should feed more reliably.

How does a +P loading = more feed reliability?

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a hst man. Hornady has some nice offerings as well. The compact has plenty of barrel to hit expansion velocity so +p will simply decrease the maintenance interval needlessly.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post