SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Photo request: P365 vs J-Frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo request: P365 vs J-Frame Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
We have a fair number of P365 owners here now. And we also have a fair number of J-frame owners. Maybe we even have some who own both.

If you're one of the last group, can you take some comparison photos of the two guns. I'd like see the comparison of the height, width, and length. Please use the flush base plate mag on the P365 if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I could swear somebody posted such a picture recently.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7620095954/p/2

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Here you go: My S&W 642 .38 and P365 with flush base plate. Let me know if you want other pics.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
G-man. That's perfect. Thanks.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice comparison photo's G-Man.

It illustrates very well why the P365 has replaced my 638 for warm weather carry. I can also shoot the 365 more accurately than the snubby because the sights are way better, plus it holds a lot more rounds, with a faster reload to boot.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
I own and carry both on different occasions. The only thing I'll mention that the J-frame excels at is that it is much easier to draw with speed without snagging from a pocket holster. Nothing flies in and out of the pocket like a J frame.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tarheelbball
posted Hide Post
For jacket weather, I like the ability to fire through the pocket.

quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
I own and carry both on different occasions. The only thing I'll mention that the J-frame excels at is that it is much easier to draw with speed without snagging from a pocket holster. Nothing flies in and out of the pocket like a J frame.

Posts: 514 | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I’d agree with the ease of draw from a pocket holster going to the Smith, but I think the biggest difference is the weight. The P365 is noticeably heavier in a pocket. I carry the SIG most of the time but still think there is a distinct niche for the venerable J Frame!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just had to go and do that. I've been rationalizing not buying a 365 because my J frames and Shield are just fine. And now this. Shit.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. That explains why I like the 365 so much cause I love my J frames. It (365) has replaced my J frame most of the time due to the accuracy, speed of reloading, and shoot ability.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons, right there, that I sold my last two J-frames and went to a sub compact singlestack 9mm.

Its just as easy......or easier, to conceal and I would rather 8, 9 or 11 rounds of 9mm than 5 rounds of.........anything. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post