SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the Apex Glock trigger as good as their M&P trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Apex Glock trigger as good as their M&P trigger? Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
I know it was always a necessity to clean up the M&P but is it as much an improvement in a Glock as it is in the Smith?

An email, I think Aim, had them for $100.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, it's not as dramatic of an improvement as their triggers for the M&P 1.0.

I tried one of their Glock triggers, and it was decent, but didn't blow me away. But then, I've never been extremely impressed with any drop-in Glock trigger I've tried, only true hand-fit custom trigger groups. (But perhaps I'm just a brute who doesn't appreciate the nuances of a fine drop-in Glock trigger. Big Grin)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I tried one of their Glock triggers, and it was decent, but didn't blow me away. But then, I've never been extremely impressed with any drop-in Glock trigger I've tried, only true hand-fit custom trigger groups. (But perhaps I'm just a brute who doesn't appreciate the nuances of a fine drop-in Glock trigger. Big Grin)

Lol, I get that. I bought a gently used 17L one time with a Zev trigger in it and wasn’t that impressed. Granted, I never took the Allen key to it to tune it but really just didn’t like the overall package, including the gun, as much as I thought I would.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Agree, my father has the Apex trigger on his M&P9C and on his Gen 4 Glock 26. The difference on the M&P9C is very noticeable, not so much on the 26.

His M&P9C is a series 1 gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I find the Glock gen 5 triggers to be really good. That said all my glocks have apex triggers because extended firing with the factory Glock trigger chews up my finger. I tried all kinds of triggers to resolve that..some like the zen actually were worse (and pinched the hell out of me). The apex ones are great

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I put their trigger and connector in my Glock 48. The grooved trigger shoe of the 48 is junk in my opinion. The safety on the Apex goes flat against the trigger and makes it more comfortable for me to shoot.

The poundage stayed the same, but the break feels more crisp and comfortable to shoot. Huge improvement in the 48.

Now the Gen 5 19, not so much. I tried the Apex and didn't see much improvement. I'm running the Falx now and it has a ton of over travel compared to the stock, but it feels great on my finger.

I may eventually go back stock on my 19. That is if the FN509 MRD doesn't replace it all together.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say anything about the Glock trigger but when I put together a M&P for USPSA Limited I used an Apex which made a big difference.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apex has a good rep with M&P.
For Glock, I think that the Overwatch TAC trigger claims the high ground.

Agency is very similar to Overwatch TAC and they are both priced about the same.

They also both have budget line triggers and the Overwatch Polymer DAT wins that one.

Overwatch TAC in the charged position.
At the wall it is vertical, so it shortens "reach" as well.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The trigger shoe is a big improvement, however the entire kit doesn't do much. However, the Overwatch Polymer DAT feels better and is cheaper if you don't want to shell out for the aluminum DAT.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
The trigger shoe is a big improvement, however the entire kit doesn't do much.

My thoughts exactly. It's overall some improvement, but nothing earth shattering. The "feel" changes, but the values are still pretty much the same. Greatest improvement is the shoe.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post