SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s next?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s next? Login/Join 
posted
Happy new year everyone,
I have a dilemma and ask for everyone’s opinion.
I have a glock 23 that I haven’t shot for several years and it’s my only 40. Having a fair amount of 40 cal ammo and extra mags there’s a part of me that says I should trade it in and get another 40 although I shoot 9mm almost exclusively.I currently carry a p225A1. I’m also experiencing sig gas.I do realize I don’t need another gun but the desire is there. The next could go into the carry rotation or relegated to IDPA or just be for the pleasure of owning it.non trolling opinions appreciated.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
What other guns do you have?
That might help us find a gap of what you're missing Smile

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I would get a 9mm barrel for it w/ serious consideration of a .357 barrel.
What you have is the perfect G19 w/ the option of bigger cal. and super hot 9mm. in .357sig.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok ,vp9,g34 gen 4,g19 gen5,p225A1,dw pm9,colt combat elite,Springfield xds,xde and a few more

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
If you have a weapon you like to shoot in that caliber, keep the ammo and the weapon.

If you have a weapon you would like to get in that caliber, keep the ammo and sell the rest.

If you don't have either, sell it all.

I just went through this. Sold the pistol and ammo I didn't want and kept the pistols I wanted and the ammo for them. My carry and practice pistols are in another caliber.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, it's a bad time to be selling or trading a Glock, especially in 40. Gen 5's are out, and new models, so everyone is dumping them. Also, 40 has lost favor, many PD's are going back to 9mm. I'd keep it, at least until the ammo is gone. The caliber conversions are a good idea, too.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A conversion barrel would be the way to go or you can find a 9mm upper and swap them out as the need arises.

Glocks and Desert Eagles are just about the most versatile firearms ever made. Think of them as Legos with bullets.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post