SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig nightmare series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig nightmare series Login/Join 
posted
Seen these? P226, p229, and p220 in black with nickel controls and custom shop marked.
500 of each being made . Why are these being priced lower than a Legion? Being sold for big bucks on gunbroker. Instant collectible?

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
No, not collectible. Shoot ‘em.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
The Nightmare and a new Equinox both seem to be a lot of hype to me. Other than the “CUSTOM WORKS” logo, about the only enhancement seems to be a SRT kit and a cool looking trigger. The MSRP is less than a Legion but some folks are lusting after being one of the original owners of the “limited editions”... just like the P320 AXG when it was first launched. They were selling for big bucks and now... you can pick one up for the $1,100 they were supposed to sell for. I love SIG and their products and don’t fault them for playing into what the market is wanting.

At the end of the day, anything is worth what another is willing to pay Wink

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Nightmare'...the first time around for the theme, the cutting remarks it generated were "what an appropriate name", or "what an unfortunate name". I did like the aesthetic on their traditional round-top slide 1911 run; I thought that one looked pretty good in black with silver controls and fasteners.

I would tend to say that it's not really much of a collectible, though that probably will depend on how many of these creations SIG decides to make. To me it's just another in a parade of variants that SIG is infamous for.

-MG

Posts: 1981 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the first Equinox came out I took photos of a friend's and co-instructor to use entraining material like PowerPoint slides as it was easy to point out the various controls. I'd buy a Nightmare for the same purpose but the lack of a SRT is a dealbreaker, and the price is a little excessive for what could be done with a parts swap,

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
Seen these? P226, p229, and p220 in black with nickel controls and custom shop marked.
500 of each being made . Why are these being priced lower than a Legion? Being sold for big bucks on gunbroker. Instant collectible?

They're less than a legion because they have none of the enhancements of a legion.

The real question is why one would pay more than a stock pistol for some meaningless, minor cosmetic "enhancements."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1911 Nightmare Carry 45. Love it. It was on sale for a couple of bucks cheaper than comparable Sig 1911s
Nothing special. Shoots great, looks racy but I would not pay extra for it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16072 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post