SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What 320 would you build?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What 320 would you build? Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted
If - let's pretend - you had access to a crap-ton of parts. Flat trigger FCUs, curved, full size uppers, compacts, subs, and any grip frame you wanted . . . what would your perfect 320 be?

I had one together this morning that I almost bought. It was the X Compact frame, curved trigger FCU (not a fan of the flat) and the Coyote (Tan FDE whatever you want to call it) compact (3.9") upper. It looked pretty sweet, but I couldn't quite say yes to it.

I'm thinking about a standard carry grip frame (don't care for the X in the bigger sizes) and a curved trigger FCU, with an X5 upper. I think that would be pretty sweet too.

So with parts available for your very own build, what 320 would you make?

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Xcompact grip, Grayguns flat Trigger, Rx Compact slide.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Xcompact grip, Grayguns flat Trigger, Rx Compact slide.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
+2

I was out back putting 200 rounds through this set up yesterday.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I am going to expand into the pretend world. I really like the X grip Compact module. Turns it into a whole different gun, a better gun for me. I would have sig add the rail one more notch so that my lights would fit. Maybe mold a notch in the frame so guys who like a SC upper can just cut to length. I would take the fde upper as well, I have one and it is a great color imo. Grayguns trigger. Flat for me. I have multiples of both their flat and curved and they both are great. If I had to choose I would lean to the flat. My upper would come cut for an RMR. I hate sig and their Romeo/DP cut. I like RMR cuts because that is what I chose to use. I’m sure the romeo is great but I doubt I would choose it over the SRO.

Using your rules though, X Compact grip, FDE upper with the optics cut, grayguns flat trigger, Trijicon HD XR sights, yellow.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
If - let's pretend - you had access to a crap-ton of parts. Flat trigger FCUs, curved, full size uppers, compacts, subs, and any grip frame you wanted . . . what would your perfect 320 be?

I had one together this morning that I almost bought. It was the X Compact frame, curved trigger FCU (not a fan of the flat) and the Coyote (Tan FDE whatever you want to call it) compact (3.9") upper. It looked pretty sweet, but I couldn't quite say yes to it.

I'm thinking about a standard carry grip frame (don't care for the X in the bigger sizes) and a curved trigger FCU, with an X5 upper. I think that would be pretty sweet too.

So with parts available for your very own build, what 320 would you make?

I put one together nearly like that: x-compact tan frame, tan compact uppper, flat trigger, HD orange sights.

The latest is a subcompact black upper on a black x-compact frame with XR yellow sights, and a flat trigger. I really like it. It's similar in configuration to the newer x-compact pistol from sig, except without the optics slide cut or plate.

I've been using a full size slide on an x-carry grayguns sculpted frame, orange XR sights, and a grayguns flat trigger, for matches. I like it quite a bit.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an inbound X Compact grip module which I will install on my skinny curved trigger FCU and Compact slide. The standard SigLites are fine for me and the optic cut is not necessary right now.
And I want an X Compact grip for my MS .45 320!
Heloooo Sig, can you hear me?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read on another forum a TLR with S&W key will fit.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Now if they made one in .38 Super...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The great thing about the P320 is that it's not that hard or expensive to do that, unless you want something that's just not made, like .38 Super or 10mm.

For me, it consists of a:
full size .357 SIG barrel and slide
XS F8 sights
compact grip with some custom stippling
Apex Advanced Curved Trigger and Trigger Bar.
Carry magazine is compact
Spare magazines are full size with X-Grip adapters

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An M17 in .45. Black, not FDE. Well, maybe FDE.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I DO have a box full of slides, barrels, parts, etc.

My favorite is a compact RX slide, X compact grip module, with a factory curved trigger.

Second favorite is full sized RX slide, X carry grip module, with a factory curved trigger.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got mine built, can't wait to go shoot it. Subcompact slide with a X compact grip, Apex Flat trigger and trigger bar.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one. It's my idea of a proper civilian PDW.

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one.

Damn! That's nice.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Battlecloth:

You just cost me $235. I had no idea those even existed!

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnforme:
quote:
Originally posted by Battlecloth:

You just cost me $235. I had no idea those even existed!

Plus the stamp. Lets not forget the stamp.

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I have contemplating picking up an X compact Pro, then a small X carry grip module and cutting back the dust cover flush with the slide.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post