SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 broken striker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 broken striker Login/Join 
posted
Welp, looks like I'm one of the lucky ones with the issue. What's really creepy is that I was just doing routine cleaning of my carry pistol and I decided to see the striker and found it to have been broken. No idea when it happened. And I was carrying this bugger all tis time with my family thinking it would go "bang" when I needed it.
On to the questions. First off my gun was manufactured in May of 2018, will it accept an "upgraded" striker or do I need an aftermarket one for my gun? If so, where can I get one and what would the part number be for an upgraded striker, so I don't get another older one.
Second, is this gun dry fire friendly? I know some people advocate the use of snap-caps, but I have never had an issue with Glocks or the older "P" series of Sig pistols.
Any and all input would be appreciated.

Posts: 377 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Contact SIG on Monday. Get it into them before the holidays.

If you want to forego oem, check out LSPI, NDZ, GALLOWAY PRECISION and probably others that offer either titanium or steel replacements.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just send it in to Sig. They will take care of you.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What others said, call Sig and send it in.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And after you get it back from Sig, sell it and get a Glock 43

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Then you won't be so surprised when it fails. Big Grin

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Contact SIG on Monday. Get it into them before the holidays.

If you go this route, don't be surprised if you don't receive your pistol back right away, simply due to it being the holidays, ( employees taking vacations/time off with family - like most of us do as well... always amazes me to see some folks gripe about this Roll Eyes )

quote:

If you want to forego oem, check out LSPI, NDZ, GALLOWAY PRECISION and probably others that offer either titanium or steel replacements.

I would almost recommend going this route if you need your 365 back in action sooner, ( unless you have another pistol that can take its place.)

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd send it in and let them figure it all out. They ship quick.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post