SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W rebate offering...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W rebate offering... Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Smith & Wesson Launches Summer Savings Rebate on Popular M&P® Pistols
New Mail-in Rebate Program on M&P Pistols offers Personal Protection Accessories with Purchase

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (June 30, 2017) – Smith & Wesson Corp. announced today the start of the “M&P Summer Savings” mail-in rebate program, valid on popular M&P firearms, including M&P SHIELD® and Performance Center® pistols. Consumers that purchase any new qualifying M&P Full-Size, Compact or M&P Shield pistol from July 1, 2017 to September 30, 2017 will be eligible to receive two (2) boxes of Hornady Critical Defense® ammunition, two (2) additional M&P magazines and a Caldwell® Mag Charger® Universal Pistol Loader, for a total MSRP value of $180. Consumers residing in Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. states with restrictions on magazine capacities and/or ammunition transfers will be eligible for a $75 mail-in cash rebate with the purchase of qualifying pistols.

“We are excited to announce the “M&P Summer Savings” mail-in rebate program this summer on some of our most popular firearms,” said Matt Buckingham, President of Smith & Wesson. “We’ve worked with Hornady® ammunition and Caldwell® shooting supplies to create an ideal accessories package, whether you are in the market for a full-size or concealed carry M&P firearm.”

Consumers who wish to participate in the M&P Summer Savings Rebate must complete and submit the rebate form, in one of three ways:

• Complete and submit the form online at www.smith-wesson.com/perfect-summer-hideaway-rebate
• Download the rebate form at www.smith-wesson.com, complete and submit via U.S. mail
• Obtain a rebate form at your local Smith & Wesson dealer, then complete and submit via U.S. Mail.

All submissions must include proof of purchase and be submitted on or before October 31, 2017.

For more information regarding these rebate offers from Smith & Wesson, visit online at www.smith-wesson.com or call our customer service line at (800) 331-0852 ext. 4125.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even more reason to evaluate M&P M2.0.

At present, only 5 inch barrel M2.0 has a thumb safety. However, S&W will supply little tabs to go on the frame when the safety is removed. One pin and a bit of care to remove safety and its spring, and then snap the tabs in place.

several quality striker fired 4 to 4.25" 9mm are (more or less) available. M&P has a big advantage in the availability of Apex parts and even lower cost magazines from ProMag, and it is relatively easy to work on (well, not quite as easy as Glock) as long as you have the short slave pin supplied by Apex.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
two (2) boxes of Hornady Critical Defense® ammunition, two (2) additional M&P magazines and a Caldwell® Mag Charger® Universal Pistol Loader, for a total MSRP value of $180.

Wait, $180. The mags are like $35 each. The loading thing goes for $30. The ammo must be very expensive ammo.

what am I missing?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see the $180.00 either but that is a better deal than the $75.00 rebate. The ammo for 9mm is around $20.00 or so. I wonder if any other brands will follow suit like S&W and S.A..

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Probably calculated on MSRP. Like a game show or narcotics unit dope math.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer to get the $75 cash and spend the money on what I wanted.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
MSRP pricing.

$48 for the Caldwell. Retail $43 at Midway.
$28 ea approx (caliber dependent) for Hornady Critical Defense => $56. We sell @ $20 to $21/per for 9mm loads.
$38 ea approx (gun dependent) for S&W magazines => $76. Can be had online for $21/per for the 17rd 1.0 mags. 2.0 mags are pricier.

=> $180 MSRP approx total; seems a pretty spot-on estimate to me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 is a very nice gun, mine has been both accurate and reliable. It is also very soft shooting, very little muzzle flip.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W still hasn't paid out on the last rebate (honored their promise). I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for this one.

Then again, they refused to honor their warranty, too...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Btw....HK is now offering 4 free mags extra mags rebate with a VP9 purchase

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
MSRP pricing.

$38 ea approx (gun dependent) for S&W magazines => $76. Can be had online for $21/per for the 17rd 1.0 mags. 2.0 mags are pricier.

=> $180 MSRP approx total; seems a pretty spot-on estimate to me.

Maybe I need to look closer at them but I haven't noticed any difference in appearance between the 17 round mags that came with my M2.0 and the ones I bought in retail packaging back in February when I first got my pistol, that were on sale and not listed as M2.0 mags? Is there actually a different part number for them?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
1.0 and 2.0 mags are the same

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I also did not get think the actual MSRP was $180 but it turns out they are actually a few pennies short.

MSRPs listed on manufacturers websites:
Caldwell Mag Charger Loader = $47.99
2 x Critical Defense ammo ($28.25 ea) = $56.50
2 x S&W Shield mags ($37.95 ea) = $75.90
Total = $180.39

Of course the actual street level pricing is much lower.
The Caldwell mag charger looks like a real Rube Goldberg device that I would have zero use for, especially considering I own an UpLula but it does have some positive reviews on the Midway website.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Of course, I bought one on June 24 and took possession of it on June 29. I wonder if they would have any sympathy for me?

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
Of course, I bought one on June 24 and took possession of it on June 29. I wonder if they would have any sympathy for me?

What did you buy? If it was a Shield, you qualify for the $75 rebate that just ended June 30.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:

What did you buy? If it was a Shield, you qualify for the $75 rebate that just ended June 30.

Nope, not a Shield but a full size M&P 2.0 in .45 ACP.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Caldwell Mag Charger

Pistol Charger

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImwH_RasNA

AR-15 Charger, now this is pretty cool, provided you take the time to store your
AR ammo like they do in the video

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu60nFtFL2A

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
As with others:
1. I'd much prefer the $75 money rebate.
2. I submitted my rebates in mid May and haven't yet received the dough. It does take time to process, but I don't feel 100% peachy until they send me the money!

This rebate round isn't quite sweet enough! With that said, better than nothing.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One might spend about $100 for two S&W M&P 9mm 17r magazines and two boxes of the defensive ammo. Can buy ProMag for half the cost of S&W mags for use in competition where the magazines are dropped and such. The mag-charger would never be used. Much too complicated and too many parts. Lula is stone simple and needs no fuss!

Suspect that people who take advantage of the deal will end up donating the silly loader to their club to use as a prize in drawing.

Nevertheless, The M2.0 (at least in 9mm) is a good deal and now (potentially) slightly better..

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Probably calculated on MSRP. Like a game show or narcotics unit dope math.
That made me laugh. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post