SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Walther PPS M2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Walther PPS M2 Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted
With all this compact craze going on (G43, G43x, G48, Shield, P365) I keep finding myself contemplating selling my PPS for something new, something with a higher round count, etc.(living in a banned state trying to get near the 10rd max is all we can have)

I usually don't shoot much (like 2-3 times a year) but went to the range yesterday with a couple buddies. Man there's no way I'm selling that gun. I was shooting 2"-4" size groups at 25ft, 30ft and even through the target out to 50ft and was doing pretty damn good for how little I practice.

There's none to little felt recoil and I did upgrade the sights to Meps awhile back...I'll just keep plugging away and practice practice practice

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have the original PPS and my thoughts are the same, a terrific shooting pistol that shoots as well as some of my full size pistols and also a soft shooter. Mine is a joy to shoot American Eagle 147 gr. Never a single issue with it either.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
With all this compact craze going on (G43, G43x, G48, Shield, P365) I keep finding myself contemplating selling my PPS for something new, something with a higher round count, etc.(living in a banned state trying to get near the 10rd max is all we can have)

I usually don't shoot much (like 2-3 times a year) but went to the range yesterday with a couple buddies. Man there's no way I'm selling that gun. I was shooting 2"-4" size groups at 25ft, 30ft and even through the target out to 50ft and was doing pretty damn good for how little I practice.

There's none to little felt recoil and I did upgrade the sights to Meps awhile back...I'll just keep plugging away and practice practice practice

If it makes you feel any better, I just traded in my P365 for a Glock 43 (similar enough to be in the PPS/Shield class). I added some TTI +2’s for the spare mags and I’m plenty happy with it. I might have been lucky in that P365 ran fine both times I shot it, but I never felt that confident carrying it, knowing the issues many of us have had with them.

I guess my point is that if you’re happy with your PPS, you’ve already got a great compact weapon - be happy about it.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should just enjoy that PPS M2 - it’s a great gun.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've owned a PPS M2, carried it primarily for over a year now, and think its a great pistol. I've never had a malfunction with it of any kind, but I recently acquired a Sig P365 and I've got to say that I'm impressed. Not only does the Sig have a greater magazine capacity, but the overall size is so much smaller than the Walther. I like the Sig better in the hand with the extended magazine base, as for me the flat base makes this 9mm just too small. That goes for the PPS M2 using the optional six round magazine. I'd normally carry mine with a seven round magazine in the gun and an eight round mag as a "back-up."

I replaced the standard sights on the PPS M2 with Trijicon HD sights and was considering doing the same with the P365, but I find that the Xray sights that came with it are really nice.

Finally, I've got to admit that as good as I thought the trigger was on my PPS M2, the Sig's trigger on my individual pistol is superior. I probably won't sell the Walther, but I'm certainly impressed with the Sig P365 and think its going to be my primary "Go To" gun in the rotation.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Was driving behind someone this morning with the license plate 1WB M2. I instantly wondered if he was carrying a Walther or if I was assigning meaning to something completely different.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI in case you haven’t heard yet.

https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have an original and don't shoot it much (carried it for awhile), but it's simply not worth selling. It's a vetted, solid handgun and for the $300 I might get for it, earned its place in the safe for a relative someday.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the M2 in 9mm and swapped it and a little cash for a Smith P&R 64. My justification? They don't make that original style Smith pistol anymore and I have a soft spot for them.

With that being said, the Walther was a great shooting pistol and I will buy another here soon.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr S9-A1. It’s roughly the size of a Glock 26 but you can get a full hand grip on it thanks to a super low bore axis and it has a 10 round mag capacity, and I bet you won’t find a better plastic striker gun out of the box. Hell, I like my steyr L9A1 out of the box better than I like either of my Glocks with after market triggers

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my PPS M2. Dryfire side-by-side with a shield and a G43, the PPS M2 won hands down.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
I also have the original PPS and will never sell it. It's even better now that I have Talon grips on it. Of course, I still need/want a G43.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I really hope Walther comes out with a ten round version of the PPS that is the height of the current PPS with the 7 round magazine and a slightly wider grip like Glock did with the 43X and 48. I have to believe they are working on that seeing the success of the P365.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Thanks...my PPS did fall in that recall range... I sent it in about 6 weeks ago, they only had it for about a week and it feels completely the same (don't know what the fix was)

quote:
Originally posted by SIGKB:
Just an FYI in case you haven’t heard yet.

https://www.waltherarms.com/recall/

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post