SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hurley’s Gold Firearms Lubricant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurley’s Gold Firearms Lubricant Login/Join 
posted
What happened to this company ? I’m pretty sure a member here owned it . The stuff works great but now I can’t find the product or the company anywhere.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that, but I used to use a product called pro gold; a gold colored grease that worked well when first applied. After sitting in the safe for a time, however, the lubricant turned into glue, and I still have a 1911 that I'm going to have to spend some time with to free up, and probably soak in a solvent tank for a few days to move the slide at all. It turns into glue...turned a bunch of firearms in the safe into bricks and was a pain to remove.

I don't know if the stuff to which you're referring is similar to the pro gold lubricant. It worked well if regularly cleaned and removed, but sitting for a period of time, the firearm might as well have been lubricated with contact cement.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’m fairly certain they are different companies. I still have a bottle of Hurley’s Gold and quite like how it works.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hurley’s Gold

They have a FB page but it hasn't been updated since 2017.

The website list for their company page isn't active anymore.

Guess they closed up shop.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I still have some, it’s good stuff. I use it mostly on my .22 pistols.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My quart container of Mil surplus light machine gun oil was getting low, so I decided to make my own. The main ingredients is a quart of Royal Purple 0-20w synthetic motor oil the some ATF fluid. The last <10% is some other oils that come up on the net about ingredients.

I already used at times the Royal Purple oil with ARs, just made it more legit by mixing it up. So far results are positive.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Probably went out of business for the simple reason:

Very few people have gold firearms.
Limited potential customer base.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

However, those who do, go big

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

However, those who do, go big

Yea, they Captured Sadam so game over!

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, I sent you an email to the e-address listed in your public profile.

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
OP, I sent you an email to the e-address listed in your public profile.

Are you the manufacturer? If so, I'd be interested in a second bottle.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found the same result when I went looking for more a while ago. Hope more becomes available.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also would be interested in getting some

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I grabbed two bottles back when he did a special a year or two ago. Still using them on my pistols & occasionally Slap some on a AR bolt.

Good stuff.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Hurley's Gold is good stuff. Fortunately, I'm still on my original bottles.
Hope to see it available in the future, and will monitor this thread!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Not looking to start a fight, but what's so special about this product? There are many excellent lubes on the market.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Not looking to start a fight, but what's so special about this product? There are many excellent lubes on the market.

Meh... pretty much nothing. It was just a product being sold by a member. So some of us supported him.

But it was kinda a consistency between grease & oil. *shrug* Worked on what I put it on. Just like everything else I put on the guns.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it because it didn't dry up so fast like other lubes .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was just curious. I thought that I had tried just about every lube on the market. I missed this product.

Meh... pretty much nothing. It was just a product being sold by a member. So some of us supported him.

But it was kinda a consistency between grease & oil. *shrug* Worked on what I put it on. Just like everything else I put on the guns.[/QUOTE]

quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If you want his email address email me and I will send it to you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post