SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther CCP anyone have experience with it....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther CCP anyone have experience with it.... Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Either the original, which I read is a bear to disassemble, or the M2?

A local FFL has a used original for $388. Based on condition, it's over priced IMO. However, I'm curious about the gun.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
1) difficult to take apart
2) fixed barrel- its accurate
3) piston reduces the recoil but builds up heat
4) mag release is right where an individual with big hands grips the gun. Corrects with reversing mag release.
Good pistol for recoil sensitive . Also easy to rack slide.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
^^^^
What he said. Plus it's made by the Umarex side of "Walther".

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soggy, it’s still a Walther, and after getting the hang of take-down, I like it, and my wife likes it. I have the first iteration.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The PPS M2 is like $269 right now. That’s infinitely a better gun.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Id buy one if they got rid of that damned safety.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Owned the first model and didn’t mind the mag release location or the safety. Same as my former HK P7M8, the piston design contributed too much heat to the frame... making it uncomfortable to hold after a decent number of rounds. Unlike my HK, the pistol’s recoil felt like a blowback design - not pleasant, which led me to sell it off. Although the M2 is easier to take down, I doubt the new model improved things on the action front.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a long time P7 afficianado, I was struck at first by these, but put off by these since made by Umarex.
But these threads made me seek out one, and I held the CCP yesterday for the first time.
Wow, felt really good in the hand. Trigger though was long before a crunchy break. Didn't mind the safety at all, though a proper squeeze cocker would of course been better.
For those with firing experience, please tell me more.
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

x2!

IMO I would never even bother with a CCP. I'm a little bias because I carry my PPS M2 or M1, but the CCP feels cheap compared to the PPS generation.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It should be renamed the Walther POS. My wife wanted the CCP for her first gun. It was nothing but problems from the get go. Multiple failures to feed or go into battery. Could not get through an 8 round mag without 3-5 failures. It was not due to her technique. The issues continued even when myself and another instructor on my teaching team tried to run the gun. Sent it in to Walther and bought her a VP9 before it got back.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
My son in law picked one up for my daughter and it had lots of feeding problems.
They sent it back to Walther and it was returned with the same problems.
After about 400 rounds later it seems to have leveled out, but they still don't trust it.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your impressions and experience.
Watching that You Tube video of the take down -- at least that part brought up P7 memories.
But otherwise, very valuable advice and experience. Much appreciated.
As good as it feels in the hand, this may be one of those few times that this Board has saved me money vs getting me to empty my wallet.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
RE the takedown - I had far more trouble the first time I took down a 1911 than my Wife’s CCP. Not every gun can be a Sig Razz

It likes quality Ammo just fine. WWB at other budget target ammo, not so much.

Great for the folks who love the PPS. The CCP fills a need my wife needs, an easy racking slide and reduced recoil. She would not be able to rack a PPS with her arthritis.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Do you happen to have a link for that price?

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah the take-down and the put-together is a bear. One quickly gets the hang of it after a few times. And, yeah the fame gets hot if you put enough rounds through it in one session; however, it is a sweet shooter, it is accurate and feels good in the hand. Just remember, as a defense weapon and carry piece you are not going to fire 100 rnds at one time In Defense.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post