SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suggestion on a holster for a P290 w/laser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestion on a holster for a P290 w/laser Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
So, I bought this P290 with laser... thought I would just take the laser off and be pure.., but now I'm kind of growing fond of it....

I'm looking for a high quality inside the waste band leather holster for the p290 with laser... seems to be kind of hard to find.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I use this TT Gunleather holster for my 290RS without the laser. I have several of their holsters, they may excellent products and have great customer service, so maybe email them to see if they make one for the 290 with the laser.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/a98...4044ab7a9248dad080ac

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check w/ Talon https://talonholsters.com/

I have several of their IWB's. They have IWB Tuckables and I know they have allot holsters for laser equipped guns. They have real nice wallet holsters for the small carry guns like the P 238, LCP and others. They have Free Shipping on some of their holsters. They are good people and you can deal directly w/ them or check on Amazon. I don't know if they'll have what you're looking for but it would be a good place to start.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my P290 in an Alien Gear IWB holster. Very comfortable and reasonable price.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone is ever interested, I tagged it! there is very little difference between the Sig P290 and the Ruger LC9.... when I bought my LC9 I ordered an inside the waistband holster through Ruger's store and they sent a Triple K holster that I really like. Triple K does not list a holster for a Sig P290 with laser but they do for the LC9 and so I took a gamble and ordered one...$62... fits my p290 perfect.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Just in case anyone is ever interested, I tagged it! there is very little difference between the Sig P290 and the Ruger LC9.... when I bought my LC9 I ordered an inside the waistband holster through Ruger's store and they sent a Triple K holster that I really like. Triple K does not list a holster for a Sig P290 with laser but they do for the LC9 and so I took a gamble and ordered one...$62... fits my p290 perfect.

Good info. I'm sure that will save others allot of time and save them from buying something that doesn't fit. I'm seriously thinking about getting a P290.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I took the P290 back to the Range on Tuesday with the intent of lining the laser up better with the sights..... well, I didn't bring the allen wrench that came with the gun & laser because I had a set in my van... seems the allen wrench needed is metric..(of course) I actually ended up trying with a standard and got the laser further off than original... about 4" off left and high at 10ft... but here is the thing... trying to shoot at that distance just with the laser I could not even hit the target...10" paper plate. at 25ft with the sights and at rest I can almost drill one hole with the pistol... but the dern laser throws me. I'm temped to take it off but not sure how well my new $70 holster will work with out it. I also think the original 6 round mag is a waste.... I need the extended magazine to hold this pistol....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I took the P290 back to the Range on Tuesday with the intent of lining the laser up better with the sights..... well, I didn't bring the allen wrench that came with the gun & laser because I had a set in my van... seems the allen wrench needed is metric..(of course) I actually ended up trying with a standard and got the laser further off than original... about 4" off left and high at 10ft... but here is the thing... trying to shoot at that distance just with the laser I could not even hit the target...10" paper plate. at 25ft with the sights and at rest I can almost drill one hole with the pistol... but the dern laser throws me. I'm temped to take it off but not sure how well my new $70 holster will work with out it. I also think the original 6 round mag is a waste.... I need the extended magazine to hold this pistol....

Isn't it always that way you never have the tool you need with you.With the Standard and Metric you almost have to have 2 sets of tools with you for everything. I believe I'd take that laser off if it throws you off that much and you do that well with the plain sights.

You have to decide about the holster. If you're using it for your LC9 then altering it won't be the way to go.

I have to admit that you have my interests up with the P-290 and even more so after looking on the Sig Site. I've bought a few new guns lately so I need to slow down before Momma runs me off.
Just to get an idea yesterday I went to Gunsamerica to see what they had and what they were going for. I couldn't believe how many used P290's there were listed.
That concerns me that they are either troublesome or people just don't like them.
Am I missing something about these P 290's? I really don't need it, I have the P938 & P238 to carry but I like the re-striking capabilities of the 290.