SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Military berettas
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military berettas Login/Join 
posted
Any idea on how/when military berettas will hit the market? What do we think will be the asking price?

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Military 1911s have only recently been approved for CMP sales, and they stopped being standard issue over 30 years ago. I probably wouldn't hold my breath while waiting to hear about military M9 sales. Just my opinion.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For arguments sake unless you want one strictly for nostalgia, I don't think I'd want a been there done that M9.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if you have to have one, or one similar, buy the new M9 , commercial version,

or get one of the police guns recently imported (J&G may still have some)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Its going to be decades as Beretta is still delivering new M9's to the military. It will take several years for the new M17 guns to work their way through the procurement process and fielding in all units to a level that the M9 will be send through the DRMO process at DLA. 2030 at the soonest and I'd be surprised if its that early.

If you want the closest thing to an M9 available, the new Langdon Tactical M9 that is available next month through Buds is the way to go. You can get actual M9 parts to add on should you want a pretty accurate clone. CDNN has spare M9 parts kits for $29 that have mil-spec spares in there.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/langdon-m9/

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...9+9mm+15%2B1+Limited

Posts: 3081 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
What do we think will be the asking price?

Too much. If it ever happens, and we're still alive.
You could probably get a better one cheaper off an auction site any day of the week.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That Langdon M9 is a nice build for the price.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was hoping there would be 500,000 pistols for $200 each. There is an FS locally for $400 and I was thinking of getting it.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
For arguments sake unless you want one strictly for nostalgia, I don't think I'd want a been there done that M9.

I agree.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
Was hoping there would be 500,000 pistols for $200 each. There is an FS locally for $400 and I was thinking of getting it.

If a local dealer has a 92 FS for $400 and it is in good shape I'd buy that one without a moment's hesitation. I have both an M9 Commercial and a 92 FS and while they are very similar there are relief cuts under the trigger guard and at the top of the blackstrap of the 92 that enhance how it feels in the hand and those relief cuts aren't available on the M9 Commercial which, in my humble opinion, make the 92 a better option. However, if you served in the military and you want something that will remind you of those times buying an M9 Commercial variant would be a great choice.

I can't speak from personal experience but the general consensus about the military issue M9's seems to indicate they have been poorly maintained, likely suffer from frame wear because the springs haven't been replaced, have tens of thousands of rounds through them, and wouldn't be good for much more than display purposes.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That Langdon M9 is a nice build for the price.

Yes it is. If I didn't have two dozen 92's already, I'd be on the list to get one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Yes it is. If I didn't have two dozen 92's already, I'd be on the list to get one.

Agreed. If I bring another Beretta into the house my wife may think I have an addition and I don't believe I could convince her they are reproducing on their own.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Agreed. If I bring another Beretta into the house my wife may think I have an addition and I don't believe I could convince her they are reproducing on their own.

But honey, they were in a dark out of the way place. Yeah, I don't believe that would fly at our home either.

I put the Langdon M9 on order at Bud's anyway. I am not even close to approaching the two dozen 92 mark.

The Langdon does sound like a nice build for the price. We shall see, hopefully, I make the October date for delivery.

OP, I can understand your wanting the military M9 for nostalgia. That 400.00 92FS sounds like a great price, if it is in very good condition.

I wish you well on your search for the military M9.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a guy over on the Beretta forum who visited the factory last month Beretta is still making M9's to fill the current contracts .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
According to a guy over on the Beretta forum who visited the factory last month Beretta is still making M9's to fill the current contracts .

As The 320s get phased in, we'll start to see those late production guns show up in shootable condition. They're almost guaranteed to be rough, but shootable.

If I had to guess the Army will trash the truly beaten guns, keep a bunch of the nicer ones stockpiled, and sell off the midgrade ones for peanuts.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a questio;, we've seen contract overruns before (in 2011 the 92 Compact L, the M11-B, I'm pretty sure I have a P229R that was a contract overrun for someone) so what are the chances we might see an M9 overrun in a few years as the M17 production spins up and the government contract M9 spins down?

Granted, they would be a limited number and prices would be high but I can see some folks lining up to buy them.

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Other posters hit the nail on the head. For nostalgia/collector gun? Sure. For anything else, no fricken way would I want an overpriced beat to crap M9 that you have no idea of the lineage/wear on. I have a feeling when/if that day comes, they aren't going to be $200 CMP Berettas coming out. Just doesnt have any allure to me.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Here's a questio;, we've seen contract overruns before (in 2011 the 92 Compact L, the M11-B, I'm pretty sure I have a P229R that was a contract overrun for someone) so what are the chances we might see an M9 overrun in a few years as the M17 production spins up and the government contract M9 spins down?

Granted, they would be a limited number and prices would be high but I can see some folks lining up to buy them.

Who's to say they haven't already used overrun parts in existing guns? Besides...if anything by now, they now precisely how many guns, parts, spares are left unless PEO Soldier issues new TO's on their contract.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They are going to be beat, you may want to pass.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Just get a commercial one. The Army ones will be worn. And they won't be for sale for years, if ever. Selling pistols is far different than selling old M-1s. Can you imagine the howling should a surplus Army Beretta be used in a drive-by that kills a 9 year-old?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post