SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Aimpoint announces the Acro P-1 small red dot sight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aimpoint announces the Acro P-1 small red dot sight Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
This is the first one I’ve seen that really gives me confidence in its durability. I will be following it closely.

https://us.aimpoint.com/produc...da%7C1551F7031934J6U

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
that thing looks... heavy.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I’m not concerned about looks, although it looks rugged. Weight is 60 grams (2.1 oz) as compared with something like the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro at 41 grams (1.95 oz). I doubt I could tell any difference in practice at 2/3 of an ounce.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Overall dimensions aren’t much more than an RMR, but of course it is much more boxy, so that has more real estate on the weapon / body.

I’m not going to poopoo it until it’s out there more - its an Aimpoint, I’d say they have the best RDS track record around - although the RMR is going to be hard to unseat.

Time will tell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
This is most interesting. I'd like to put one of these sights on a pistol at some point, and this looks like it might be pretty good.

With a smaller red dot, this might also be one heck of an option for some rifles where one is better off with a red dot that's physically as low as possible to the gun. The PTRs and AKs come swimming to mind as examples, although I can see it working great on any non-AR EBR.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Weight is listed in the user manual (linkable from the primary site).

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I'm lazy, I just waited until someone else posted it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
After looking at every small red dot out there I was really close to getting a Trijicon to put on top of an ACOG. I will buy one of these Aimpoints the second I can get a mount for it. They were designed for the B&T USW, but I doubt anyone here has much time with one.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
This is the first one I’ve seen that really gives me confidence in its durability. I will be following it closely.

https://us.aimpoint.com/produc...da%7C1551F7031934J6U

In a recent thread, someone made the comment that Aimpoint should come out with a dot to put pressure on the RMR. This looks like it will do nicely.

Now, will it fit on Glock MOS pistols?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a go.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

I’m not concerned about looks, although it looks rugged. Weight is 60 grams (2.1 oz) as compared with something like the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro at 41 grams (1.95 oz). I doubt I could tell any difference in practice at 2/3 of an ounce.

Not t sure how they can add that much more housing and only be 2/3 oz heavier than a DPP. My bigger concern is the “tube” design. It is less forgiving than the more traditional rmr style.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks awkward on the pistol.
Think it will do might fine on a rifle. Any idea what these are going to set folks back? I have $350 bucks to an Aimpoint dealer wonder how much more I will need.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to research this but so far no info on how it mounts and what it will be compatible with.

I was looking at a Delta Point triangle until this was announced.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A guess would be a mounting plate that has a raised dove tail type area it slides on and tighten the screw on the left side near the bottom to secure it, just a guess from the pics. Then could offer multiple mounting plTes for the different manufacturers styles

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
The only one I would trust.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I would get one for a rifle but it loses to the RMR for pistol use on size alone.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Acro P-1:
L = 1.9 in
H = 1.2 in
W = 1.2 in

Micro:
L = 2.4 in
H = 1.4 in
W = 1.6 in

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Can I ask a stupid question? I realize the RMR, DPP etc etc. are technically designed as pistol optics. That being said why would you not want to run them on a rifle vs the larger offerings. (Assuming you are starting from scratch). Smaller footprint, lighter weight etc. other then field of view which shouldn’t be hugely different why go with an aimpoint micro vs an acro (assuming the acro lives up to the aimpoint name)

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Can I ask a stupid question? I realize the RMR, DPP etc etc. are technically designed as pistol optics. That being said why would you not want to run them on a rifle vs the larger offerings. (Assuming you are starting from scratch). Smaller footprint, lighter weight etc. other then field of view which shouldn’t be hugely different why go with an aimpoint micro vs an acro (assuming the acro lives up to the aimpoint name)

Sure you can, as a stand-alone RDS, or piggybacked on an ACOG.
Not mine.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I know you can. But why wouldn’t simply make the other options obsolete.

Now I have full size aimpoints and I am happy with them but were I building from scratch would there be any reason not to mount an RMR, DPP. Acro etc. I get Eotech/others have the reticle thing but if we are talking Dot for dot.

Why not the tinyest lightest option? Like why are full size aimpoint comps/m’s etc. still a thing? Do they offer more durability?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post