SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any experience with new Saint Edge 5.56 Pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with new Saint Edge 5.56 Pistol? Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
One of these just hit my LGS and based on a very cursory look it appeared to be very well made and nicely finished, almost on par with a Wilson Combat only half the price. Does anyone have experience with this firearm? Also, what kind of prices are you seeing?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reviews, viewed with skepticism, are pretty good.
They were wise to put 1/8 barrel in rifle to handle any bullet weight, so why 1/7 in pistol when that twist is for "heavier" loads which had poorest
group results among ammo tested, better results for 50 & 55 grain? Advertised features and specs seem to make it a good "value" compared to other AR pistols that require "upgrades"?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a standard Edge pistol in 556 and love it! Swapped on a SBA3 brace, because I didn't like the brace it came with, but I was only into it for $600 NIB. It shoots 55gr bullets very well, and that's with a dot sight.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do look good and $600 is a great price!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
One of these just hit my LGS and based on a very cursory look it appeared to be very well made and nicely finished, almost on par with a Wilson Combat only half the price. Does anyone have experience with this firearm? Also, what kind of prices are you seeing?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I don't have the Saint Edge pistol, but I do have the standard Saint pistol. Other than the slightly longer barrel on the Edge and the different brace, I'm not certain if the price is warranted.
The standard Saint pistol can be found regularly for around $800 while the Edge is closer to $1400. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see $600 difference between the two unless you just want the longer barrel.
I upgraded the brace on my Saint with the Tailhook Mod 2 and it is a fantastic little gun. I would imagine that the Edge version would be even better, but I question whether it's worth the difference in price.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post