SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wanting Something Smaller/Lighter SIG P365 or Glock 43/43X
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting Something Smaller/Lighter SIG P365 or Glock 43/43X Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Turning 61 this year went thru years with the big heavy sigs, hks and berettas and never carried much for that reason.After 16yrs after divorse, reapplyed for a permit and now carry a hk p30sk and have a vp9sk thats never been out of box and eventullay will be sold. Now to the point, due to hip problems even the p30sk is heavier and been uncomfortable to walk around with. Then my wife suggested carry my g43 or p365 and wow what a difference, couldnt tell I had them on.So now the p30sk will be a winter in the coat carry and getting myself p365 for owb summer carry.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Try each one out, see what works best for you and how you intend to carry it.

My wife went with a G43X after trying several various small 9s: 365, G43, 938, Shield, G43X and G48. It's been her daily carry pistol now for almost a year, with a Shield Arms 15rnd magazine in the pistol and another as a reload.

Me, I've been pocket carrying my 365 daily, coming up on nearly three years now. A ten round magazine in the pistol and a fifteen rounder on my belt.

These days, it's tough to go wrong.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
One of these days I'll figure out how to post pictures on this forum, It's the only one that requires a 3rd party to host & then put the url in to make that happen..
I won't waste the time on that..
Thanks for the replies even the ones that exaggerate how many rounds you've fired threw all of them HaHa!! Yeah Right
I have 100,000 rounds through mine & it's the best thing since sliced bread.. Try the Springfield Hellcat then.. WOW MAN!!

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I certainly didn't exaggerate the number of rounds through my pistols, and I doubt many, if any here, do.

There are a number here to reload, compete, and who shoot a substantial amount of ammunition. I typically shoot about 15,000 rounds a year, and I know I'm on the low end compared to many others.

I own multiples of the P365's and different Glocks, and the round counts vary, of course. I try to put ample rounds through anything I'll carry, to be comfortable with the pistol.

Shooting is a perishable skill; unless it's maintained with adequate shooting to stay proficient, those skills fade. Mine are definitely faded this last year, and they weren't that great to begin with. I definitely don't exaggerate round counts, as there's no possible benefit nor reason to do so; if anything, they're undercounted.

If you want to see higher round counts, look to posters like Jerry Jones, who shoots on his own, in a professional capacity, in a training environment, and who holds classes that expend forty or fifty thousand rounds in a single class (four thousand rounds a student). I've been to them, and they're beneficial. A few thousand rounds shot through a G43 or a P365 isn't very much. For a glock, that's just getting broken in...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thru Blue Label I got my second 43X for $378 two months ago. I paid Kiesler, they shipped it to my FFL.

https://www.kiesler.com/produc...-black-fixed-sights/

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:

Anyhow you see what I'm asking about & want to see what others have decided on..
Gary

You didn't ask about anything.

If you're asking about preference between the Glock 43, 43X, or P365, ...

Gun forums - never skip an opportunity to be condescending from the safety of your keyboard. Frown

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
I have both the Glock 19, 43, 42 and Sig P365. The P365 is hands down a better gun in my opinion for the money. However, I am seriously thinking about trading it for a Sig P365 XL. The P365 dimensionally isn't that much smaller length and height than a Glock 19. The barrel is about 1" shorter, but the grip is within about 1/4" or so. It's just that the grip angle is cut much different. If you want to get your whole hand on the grip, you must have the 12 round mags at a minimum. This is why I am moving up to the P365 XL that is optics ready...because I really want that too with my older eyes.
Well dimensionally the G19 is 1.5" longer, .7" taller, .25" wider and weighs considerably more than a P365. These may not seem like much, and I love my G19s, but in reality as a CCW these numbers are pretty significant. IMO, even the P365XL is significantly more CCW friendly than the measurements between it and the G19 would indicate.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a G43 (never bonded with Glocks), but I've had a 365 since early 2019, and a Walther PPS since 2010 and a PPS M2 since they came out (2016?). Which I'm not trying to steer you towards, else everybody will just come into this thread and post their favorite micro pistol that's not a 365 or 43.

But my reason for mentioning the Walther is that it's a noticeable touch bigger in nearly every dimension than the SIG. Normally that would be a negative, right? Sig holds more bullets in a smaller package, what's not to like? And I do like it, a lot. But I like the handling, the ergos, of the PPS (both models) better. So I upgraded the PPS mag from 8 to 9 rds with a kit. That gives me 10 rounds on the gun, which I believe is plenty. Yeah, 13 is better in the smaller package of the SIG, but if 10 is enough, and I am more confident drawing the Walther and establishing a grip with it, why not carry that?

However, there are times when the little bit of extra size (mainly grip length and thickness front-to-back) of the Walther makes me take the SIG. Like shorts-and-a-teeshirt.

All of which is to say, if you try them both and like the 10+1 Glock better than the smaller 12+1 SIG, get the Glock.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Gun forums - never skip an opportunity to be condescending from the safety of your keyboard. Frown

Nothing condescending about stating a fact, but it's good that you took time out to make a contribution to the thread, isn't it?

The original poster wanted an answer to his question, and didn't ask a question. As the owner of each of the firearms under discussion, however, I DID contribute with personal observations based on direct experience.

Perhaps you'd do the same, and add something of value?

Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Nothing condescending about stating a fact, but it's good that you took time out to make a contribution to the thread, isn't it?

The original poster wanted an answer to his question, and didn't ask a question. As the owner of each of the firearms under discussion, however, I DID contribute with personal observations based on direct experience.

Perhaps you'd do the same, and add something of value?

And there you go again. And he did in fact ask a question, perhaps just not in the form you find acceptable.

posted Hide Post
quote:

And there you go again. And he did in fact ask a question, perhaps just not in the form you find acceptable.

You mean, with a question mark?

Are you familiar with the concept of an interrogative, and do you understand what a question is? (Hint: that was a question).

Can you make a fucking contribution to the thread? (that was another question).

Give it a shot. I know you can. I have faith in you. It's unfounded, but what the hell. (that wasn't a question).

Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Are you familiar with the concept of an interrogative, and do you understand what a question is? (Hint: that was a question).

Give it a shot. I know you can. I have faith in you. It's unfounded, but what the hell. (that wasn't a question).

Here's a question for you. Would you be such a nasty asshole if you were face-to-face with me? I seriously doubt it. Have a nice day, keyboard commando.

posted Hide Post
Obviously you are not thrilled with the choices you presented, so I suggest something completely different; the Sig P938.

The P938 is smaller than either of the other choices. Better trigger. No striker twang or trigger slap. Super easy to shoot well. IMHO, a much better deep conceal handgun than any of the plastic fantastics, regardless of maker.

YMMV

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here's a question for you. Would you be such a nasty asshole if you were face-to-face with me? I seriously doubt it. Have a nice day, keyboard commando.

I wouldn't waste my time talking with you, bright spark. I only exercise that effort with people who count. But to answer your question, were you face to face, I wouldn't talk to you, or anyone else any differently, and I never do. Grow up, mate.

Try again in 20 or so years.

If you think I'm an asshole here, you'd really hate me in person.

Tell us all how tough you are. Don't leave out any details. Impress us.

If you figure out what a question is (basic English: study up), be sure to check back and try an actual question. Do you think you can do that? You certainly aren't capable of contributing to the thread. That much is clear. Is it just lack of ability, refusal, or just can't figure it out today? That was a question, though guy.

This isn't. See? Now, you try.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I want something smaller & lighter in 9mm & have my choices set on either the Glock 43/43X vs SIG Sauer P365

I owned both but sold the Glock 43. I'm still a big Glock fan and have a number of them, but to me the 365 offered size and capacity advantages over the 43.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
quote:
I want something smaller & lighter in 9mm & have my choices set on either the Glock 43/43X vs SIG Sauer P365

I owned both but sold the Glock 43. I'm still a big Glock fan and have a number of them, but to me the 365 offered size and capacity advantages over the 43.

Indeed. I use the 12 round pinky extension as my loaded mag and carry a 15 round extended mag in my pocket. Here is my CCW with the 15 round mag loaded.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having briefly owned the glock 43 ,
I vote for the Sig 938 .
Could not shoot the 43 to point of aim .
I tried to convert my grip , stance , follow through , to accommodate the glock .
By happenstance had a chance to try a 938 ,
And it was a great shooter ,accurate ,reliable
With a dynamite trigger .
Bought the 938 , sold the glock .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
For me, the 365. I’m quite satisfied. The original is very versatile depend on the mag I pick.

I have friends that went 43x/48 and they are good guns. They are happy with them. Another went with the 26 and it’s just slightly less comfortable but he has a lot more magazine options.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
My smaller and sometimes “pocket carry” is the regular p365. My prior small carry gun was a PPS classic which I still have and enjoy.

I don’t have a 43 - tried one and it did not do it for me. I like the p365XL and 43X and I’ve tried the 365 with XL grip which I really like but I find myself more often going from the 365 right to the G48 with Shield mags....this could change as I get used to the recently acquired RDS on the XL. Dang we have some great choices these days.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have a G43 and G48, The 43 is my deep concealment gun (pocket or ankle carry). I don't really care for the 43 much but it covers those roles well enough. The 48 is my standard IWB gun and I like it a lot. It feels great in my hands but the capacity sucks for its size. I do have 2 of the SA 15rd mags for it but I don't trust them yet and still carry the factory 10rd'ers

I put the 43 and 48 together to make a 43x. It worked fine but that combo didn't do anything for me. The grip made it too big for pocket or ankle duty and for IWB, I'd rather just have the longer slide of the 48.

I did recently pick up a P36XL and liked it a lot. I was much more accurate with it then I am with either the G43 or G48 but the size of the XL fell into a weird area for me. Not as big or comfortable in hand as my G48 but not small enough for pocket carry.

I plan to pick up a standard 365 and see how that does for me and may end up replacing my 43 with it?

I'm hoping Sig comes out with a P365XXL more in line with the G48 size wise with 15rd flush mags. That would be a great IWB CCW weapon IMO

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post