SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wanting Something Smaller/Lighter SIG P365 or Glock 43/43X
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting Something Smaller/Lighter SIG P365 or Glock 43/43X Login/Join 
Picture of Beretta92
posted
I've been carrying a Hk USP 40 Compact for six months & just picked up a 2nd one because I can..
I want something smaller & lighter in 9mm & have my choices set on either the Glock 43/43X vs SIG Sauer P365
My last single stack 9mm was a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 which I gave to my twin brother who lives in my basement after having a stroke & losing his home due to lack of mortgage payments..
BTW We Both Turn 55 January 27th
Haven't been around The Sigforum since I sold my P225 & P239 & bought a Hk USP 40 Compact Stainless for $580 & later scored it's fraternal twin brother in Black which I put on layaway & it got paid off @ Christmas by my youngest Son @ $600 Total.. Both Decent Deals in todays marketplace..
I know this is The SIGForum forum but will also post the same thread @ GlockTalk just to see..
Know a lot of folks that want the P365 because of it's added ammo capacity but that really doesn't mean very much to me anyway.. Apples & Oranges..
Who knows I might even pick up another M&P Shield instead, Prices are crazy right now & I'll guess they'll even increase when the $600 checks start rolling out soon..
The Springfield Armory Hellcat doesn't interest me for some reason but it doesn't..
Anyhow you see what I'm asking about & want to see what others have decided on..
Gary

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 is great, and the XL with a red dot is even better. With the modular chassis you can mix and match the grips/mags to find what is best for you. Even with 124 +P Gold Dots they are easy to shoot and recoil is not bad at all.

That said, I am breaking in a P365 and a P365XL and esp. with the XL FTRTB happened a lot in the first 50 rounds. It should be OK after 200 rounds though.

G43X MOS is probably more reliable out of the box, with a full grip but only 10 rounds. With the new Shield 15 round mags it's more compelling. I have one to test out when I have enough ammo.

At this point, at my age with progressive lenses, optics are going to become essential so a factory optics cut is preferable.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Aside from the fact that this is a Sig forum, I have to give the nod to the Sig over the Glock every time. Better ergonomics. Better trigger. Better sights. Better capacity.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:

Anyhow you see what I'm asking about & want to see what others have decided on..
Gary

You didn't ask about anything.

If you're asking about preference between the Glock 43, 43X, or P365, it's going to come down to personal preference rather than a tally sheet of pro's and cons. I have each, and have carried the G43 and P365 quite a bit. I typically carry the P365, but I really like the G43. The G43 does have slightly less capacity, but I have 7 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber, and the spare magazines are small and easy to carry. I'm very comfortable with a five shot revolver, so the G43 isn't a handicap to me.

I've put five thousand or so rounds through each; all have proven reliable and easy to use, easy to carry, and very comfortable; I carry in the pocket.

Try each one at a range and see what you like.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 43x, although I sometimes carry a 43 when I need something smaller. I had a P365, and while it’s a great gun, I tend to point low with it. After many years of carrying Glocks, the Glock grip angle is very natural to me. Sigs new striker fired guns just don’t point well for me. YMMV

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I prefer the 43x, although I sometimes carry a 43 when I need something smaller. I had a P365, and while it’s a great gun, I tend to point low with it. After many years of carrying Glocks, the Glock grip angle is very natural to me. Sigs new striker fired guns just don’t point well for me. YMMV

Same here. The G43 carries and conceals better for me.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:

...I know this is The SIGForum forum but will also post the same thread @ GlockTalk just to see..

Here we practice diversity!

I loves my G-43X and sold the G-43. 43X is a single stack 10+1, that becomes 15+1 with the Shield mags. However, I'm 70 and it's REAL hard to stuff in round #15.

https://shieldarms.com/magazin...specFilters=2m!#-!35

Here's a long thread about the Shield mags:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...35/m/3200090454/p/21

The 43X appeals to me as it fits well in my favorite holster, Smart Carry. For me it's not a pocket gun (LCP and PM9 are).

If you're eligible for Blue Label you can get one for under $400. Otherwise it'll be current market price.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have a G43X and love it. Shield mags give it 15+1 capacity. I tried a P365 but it was just too small for my hands. The trigger just didn’t work well for me. I enjoy shooting the larger SIGs, but could not warm up to the P365.

There are many members who adore the P365, so you’ll see a lot of support for it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't warm up to either of them for some reason.
I couldn't shoot the Glock for shit and I love Glocks.
The Sig felt weird in my hand. I just didn't like it. I'm sure both pistols are great but not for me.
I still am carrying the Kahr K9 Elite when I want a small single stack. Capacity is low but I shoot it great and it fits my hand and carries easily.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I started with a 365 and then doubled down with two 365XLs.

Before I give my reasoning, I’d advise you to do what many have recommended to me over the years: find an example of the pistols you’re thinking of and shoot/carry them.

For example, the poster that mentioned the Sig felt weird in his hand may very well shoot that pistol much better than another. One of the things I discovered when I compared the 365XL and the 43/43x/48, was that one of my carry methods...a belly band...was not compatible with the Glock. For whatever reason, the grip/trigger guard area wouldn’t ride right and would print much more than the 365. That helped with my decision process but ultimately it came down to this:
I shoot the 365XL better, it has reliable, factory 12/15 round magazines, and I can put a decent WML on it with a Tactical Development rail.

I’ve taken a number of classes with both pistols...1500 rounds through both now...and they’ve been superb.

Hope this helps

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, not a fan of Glocks. I have the P365 and have been very happy with it. While I only carry it rarely it is carried on my belt with the 12 round mag. It has been accurate and reliable with any and all ammo including some really old surplus stuff. Surprisingly the worst ammo was WWB but it still worked.

To explain about only carried rarely, it is because most of the time I prefer a larger gun. Nothing wrong with the P365. It is great for when I want a smaller gun.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I have both the Glock 19, 43, 42 and Sig P365. The P365 is hands down a better gun in my opinion for the money. However, I am seriously thinking about trading it for a Sig P365 XL. The P365 dimensionally isn't that much smaller length and height than a Glock 19. The barrel is about 1" shorter, but the grip is within about 1/4" or so. It's just that the grip angle is cut much different. If you want to get your whole hand on the grip, you must have the 12 round mags at a minimum. This is why I am moving up to the P365 XL that is optics ready...because I really want that too with my older eyes.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I bought an early Glock 43 and loved it. I thought nothing would be better for deep concealment of a serious caliber.

Then the p365 came out. I feels better in my hand, holds more rounds, shoots better, comes with better sights, and had the added benefit of being on my job's approved list.

I no longer own a 43 and am planning to buy a second p365 as a spare. Not because I find any weakness in the gun, but because I really like the thing and just want another that doesn't look like it's been carried in a pocket or strapped to body armor 5 days a week. This one isn't showing any real wear yet, but I'm about to go back to uniform duty and just because I'll be a supervisor doesn't mean I won't carry the BUG daily.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Organized in chronological order...

I've liked my G43 from the first time I shot it. Actually before, since I got to sample one at a shoot several months before that purchase. With my small hands and my long-term history with Glocks its feel and grip is darn near spot-on. The big pause button in the room for me was Glock's insistence on limiting ammo capacity with its six round mags. But I bought it anyways, because that's what Glockaholics are supposed to do. Consequently I only used it as a alternative carry when my attire wouldn't accommodate my usual G23. But I shoot it well without any need for a trigger update or mod, and the near 3000 rounds through it came and went without any histrionics. I never gained much faith in the aftermarket mag extensions, particularly after a couple of 'reverse mag dumps' suffered with Pearce extensions on G23 and G19 mags. As of now I seldom use it anymore in its intended role, as I found my PPS M2 offered similar shooting results with better mag capacity without having to resort to the aftermarket. Then the SIG came along and now I no longer use the Walther in that role as well, though I will on occasion still take out the G43 and PPS M2 for some live fire fun.

I've become a believer in the P365 since I bought my two in early 2019. All of the initial problems had been addressed by then and my tandem have run flawlessly from Day One. Size-wise there's really nothing that compares to it given its relative firepower. Sure the Kahr PM/CM is smaller but after watching a PM9 dismantle itself at the range several years back I have no interest in trusting or investing my life in a 'Moonie' gun of questionable quality. The only annoyance with the SIGs were with the factory magazines and just how PAINFUL they initially were to load without use of an Uplula loader. Even with use their springs are relatively still buggers though at least I can now load completely without the loader, though my thumb still often feels like it wants to fall off and die. The grip angle isn't ideal with my Glock-infused hands but I've managed to adjust.

But now that I took my newly acquired G43X out to the range for the first time, it for me is like coming home. Its taller grip doesn't really matter to me and my puny paws from an ergonomic standpoint and the slightly wider grip initially kind of threw me off from what I was used to with the G43. But the grip angle is SO friendly with my ingrained muscle memory. Only 140 rounds of near priceless 9mm through it so far (including 40 rounds of 124+P and 147 HSTs), but this thing is about as darn near ideal for me as a subcomp pistol gets. This puppy is looking to be The One, at least until the next New Thing comes along.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The P365 eliminated the G43's reason to exist. I can't think of anything the Glock does that the current production P365 doesn't do at least as well if not significantly better.

As far as the G43X, it a bigger gun from a carry perspective. You can carry the SIG in situation where you can't carry the 43X. And with factory magazines they have the same capacity. The Shield Arms 15 round magazines change the equation a bit. But I think that applies more in a comparison with the G19, not the P365.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
43x with shield mags is perfect for me, I dont like the feel of the 365.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how much the Shield mags have boosted the G43x's sales? With only ten rounds, the its not too competitive with the P365.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot both and prefer the 43X. The 365 is smaller, better sights and capacity but I just like shooting the 43X better.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I have to wonder how much the Shield mags have boosted the G43x's sales? With only ten rounds, the its not too competitive with the P365.

Undoubtedly. I've got a couple of LE friends who wouldn't consider the 365/365XL but would carry the 43/43x/48 once they came out with the Shield mags.

What will be interesting is the introduction of the MOS models with rail.

Sig definitely beat Glock to the punch on the optics/rail and I think the modularity helps Sig too. It doesn't hurt that the 365XL combos with the Holosun 507k, which is apparently a much better sight than the dot the mini glocks play with.

The ability to have a manual safety on the 365/365XL probably checks another box for the consumer, even if LE and others won't care. Glock blue label helps the 43/43X/48.

I think the 365/365XL will sit on top of the heap from a sheer sales perspective for a good while.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both 365 and 43. I like them both. I pocket carry so the feel of each in my pocket is important to me and for some reason the 365 feels smaller in my pocket than the 43.

The weight difference of both is in my opinion negligible. The 365 loaded with 10+1 rounds weighs a little less than 2 oz more than the 43 with 6+1 rounds. So, the 365 gives you 4 more rounds.

For me the 365 gets most of my carry time. Additionally, I like the fact that the 365 gives you an external safety as an option. I did not like the X-ray nite sights and changed them out for a set of TFOs. If I had to pick one over the other, it would be the 365

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post