SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Standard now shipping according to Sig email
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Standard now shipping according to Sig email Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...tandard+Now+Shipping

Of course it comes a week after I’d given up hope on it and bought service grips for my Target. Razz

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And now, the magic question - actual street price.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minimum advertised price is $1099.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Minimum advertised price is $1099.

That’s cheap. The Target seems to go for about $1400. I may end up with two.

Now bring on the carry version.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now bring on the carry version.

That's what I'm sayin'!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Other than the grips, sights and cutouts on the front of the slide, what are the differences between the standard and the target? Same trigger? I’d love to see a range report from someone here.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer Kraut:
Other than the grips, sights and cutouts on the front of the slide, what are the differences between the standard and the target? Same trigger? I’d love to see a range report from someone here.

You’re probably right but for me, it was supposed to scratch an itch for a closer look to the actual service pistol vs the Target model.

Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
If it’s otherwise the same as the target model other than those three differences, I’m planning to buy one.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Saw one on Gunbraker at $1,399. Local Dealer wanted $1,599 for theirs.

Guess I'll wait until the gouging stops...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
Saw one on Gunbraker at $1,399. Local Dealer wanted $1,599 for theirs.

Guess I'll wait until the gouging stops...

This!

At MAP, I am tempted to give it a go.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see, I'll probably get one after they hit the market & there are some reviews. Has anyone handled one? Grip size, I've got smaller hands, reason I didn't buy a the target model?

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
At MAP, I am tempted to give it a go.

FWIW, I saw one at MAP on GunPimper yesterday. I'm cheap enough to hope I can do better at some point, but SIG's been doing a pretty effective job of enforcing MAP of late.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Seeing a few in stock at 1099. Tempting

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t or isn’t there supposed to be a carry version too? That is what I am waitin’ for. My LGS just got a rental I am gonna play with!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be - we're still waiting.

posted Hide Post
My local gun store is back ordered at three distributors to get me one. I have wanted a gun that was more competitive with the custom 1911's in our combat action pistol league than my G34 and this looks like just what I want. I like the idea that it is a more unique pistol and not what everyone else has. It's quite a nice looking pistol! Will probably put a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight on it. The target model grips are probably too big for my hands.

For league use, I am going to try the Target model magazine with the idea that the extended, weighted(?), bumper on the bottom will aid faster magazine changes. The plan is to keep those dedicated to league use and not have to drop my standard flat bottom magazines on the concrete floor.

Honestly, I'd never heard of a P210 till a couple days after the 210A Standard was announced. I bought a P365 and have been amazed to find I shoot the same scores, or very nearly the same as my MUCH larger G34. The P365 is now, most days replacing the G19 I've carried the last several years (though I still love the G19). Anyway, the P365 introduced me to Sig Sauer, so I decided to search for "Sig target pistol" and that's how I discovered the P210A.
If guess I could get a Target model and swap out the grips so I'd have the target sights but replace the front with a fiber optic should be about my ideal pistol for use in our league. Unfortunately there seems to be no opportunity in the area for me to handle any P210A other than just ordering one. I'm so optimistic though that I ordered the Mitch Rosen holster and a spare magazine already, so guess I'm committed!! LOL!

Curt

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the P210 Standard and held it at the NRA show. I have a target already. The Standard has normal 3 dot white contrast sights, not even night sights.

The standard grips are thinner but somewhat blocky and not very comfortable IMO. The integrated adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front on the target are better.

Really the only point of the standard over the target is collectibility and if you want to carry it. And if you want to carry it, it should have night sights and an ambi-safety (I'm left handed) Hopefully standard Sig pattern night sights will fit.

Sig rep said they wouldn't be selling the grips as accessories. But I know they sell the target grips on the Sig Store.

So for me, the Target with smaller aftermarket grips is the way to go. Haven't seen any but someone will make some eventually.

If they actually release a supertarget with an ambi safety, I would upgrade to it.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the Target and the Standard doesn't ring enough bells for me to get one, at least for now.
I do like the looks of the non-forward cocking serration slide better.
I am changing out the Target grips on mine with a set of new "service" grips from Hogue, just got the shipping notification.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CurtFisher11:
For league use, I am going to try the Target model magazine with the idea that the extended, weighted(?), bumper on the bottom will aid faster magazine changes. The plan is to keep those dedicated to league use and not have to drop my standard flat bottom magazines on the concrete floor.

Welcome to the forum! That's not a bumper on the bottom of the mags, it's just a filler for the magwell grip. It's metal and will scratch easily. It's also not very heavy. Some of the mags are solid/smooth on the bottom and some are actually hollowed out. Tough to explain but 12131 had a pic posted a while back. Totally random which plate you'll receive when you order mags (same part#), but they're both lightweight.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
So for me, the Target with smaller aftermarket grips is the way to go. Haven't seen any but someone will make some eventually.

Both Hogue and Grips4u are making grips for the P210A now. Hogue has a thread about it on here, wood to start but G10 coming soon.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post