SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Standard now shipping according to Sig email
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Standard now shipping according to Sig email Login/Join 
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Saw one at a local shop today, was presently surprised by a listed price of $1199, as this shop typically runs higher than many around. I was very tempted to buy it when I first saw it, largely to give my Legend and -2s a break. I've eyed the targets, but the huge grips and fiber optic sights just turn me off.

After fondling it, I was very disappointed. Slide to frame fit was not what a 210 should be. I could grab the front of the slide and shake it slightly inside the frame rails. Racking the slide was not the crisp, on-rails, feel I expect. The slide also didn't fully return to battery when I was racking it. I checked the 210A Target version on display, and that felt like a proper 210, with the exception of the giant grip.

I've been presently surprised by the 210As I've seen to date, and the reports on them. SigUSA has hit a price point I didn't expect. With the larger than expected price drop from the Target to the Standard, I hope they didn't drop standards too far. Hoping this one was just a lemon. Even with the $300 price difference, I'd buy the Target and swap the grips.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Saw one at a local shop today, was presently surprised by a listed price of $1199, as this shop typically runs higher than many around. I was very tempted to buy it when I first saw it, largely to give my Legend and -2s a break. I've eyed the targets, but the huge grips and fiber optic sights just turn me off.

After fondling it, I was very disappointed. Slide to frame fit was not what a 210 should be. I could grab the front of the slide and shake it slightly inside the frame rails. Racking the slide was not the crisp, on-rails, feel I expect. The slide also didn't fully return to battery when I was racking it. I checked the 210A Target version on display, and that felt like a proper 210, with the exception of the giant grip.

I've been presently surprised by the 210As I've seen to date, and the reports on them. SigUSA has hit a price point I didn't expect. With the larger than expected price drop from the Target to the Standard, I hope they didn't drop standards too far. Hoping this one was just a lemon. Even with the $300 price difference, I'd buy the Target and swap the grips.

Thanks for the comparison. I'm going to hold off for now and enjoy my Target.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...tandard+Now+Shipping

Of course it comes a week after I’d given up hope on it and bought service grips for my Target. Razz

I`ve been thinking of a 210 Target but don`t like the factory target grips.

I contacted SIG last week and they say that at this time they don`t have the grips on the 210 Standard for sale separately and are unsure if they will offer them in the future.

I`ve searched for replacement grips for the 210 Target and only found the Nill grips for the Swiss 210`s.

I`m curious, what kind and brand of grips did you purchase?

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCVJR:
quote:

Of course it comes a week after I’d given up hope on it and bought service grips for my Target. Razz

I contacted SIG last week and they say that at this time they don`t have the grips on the 210 Standard for sale separately and are unsure if they will offer them in the future.

I`ve searched for replacement grips for the 210 Target and only found the Nill grips for the Swiss 210`s.

Both Hogue and Grips4U are now shipping grips for the P210-A, I received a pair yesterday from Hogue. Here's some links:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...920057454#3920057454

http://grips4u.net/category/pi.../sig-p210a-american/

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tooky13, how bulky are the Hogue grips? I have smaller hands.
Thanks.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonholl:
Tooky13, how bulky are the Hogue grips? I have smaller hands.
Thanks.

Not bulky at all. They're the same size as the traditional P210s and what comes on the new P210-A Standard:

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
Mine arrives thursday. That night I will go to the range on the way home

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Seeing a few in stock at 1099. Tempting

$1099 is very tempting to me as well.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of King of Useless Knowledge
posted Hide Post
Update 1500 round through it and its amazing. No misfires, jams or anything aside from my poor marksmanship but I'm working on that

Posts: 38 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: May 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCVJR:
quote:

http://grips4u.net/product/sig...rips-checkered-back/

These, they were the first to market. I probably would’ve got Hogues but I was anxious for some service style stocks. I posted a thread with images if it’s still active.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine a couple of months ago. It's the NRA model and I don't like the NRA bullshit on it but it's a great gun and it was really cheap.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
images are now posted for the P210 A grips.
Come on in and take a look

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Those are some sweet looking grips for it Ken.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post