SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    That one gun that is special
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That one gun that is special Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I don't have it anymore but it was a S&W 3913 Tactical.
Won a PPC match with it and I could just shoot lights out when it was in my hands.
Dumb decision on my part to sell it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
for me, its my Colt Python elite 6" stainless. That gun makes me feel like Dirty Harry.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
'Special' is such a loaded word in picking just one. Even you couldn't narrow it to a solitary handgun. Wink

And now onto the awards...

The Emotionally Tied-To-The-Heart-And Soul Attachment category: my Beretta M1934, belonged to my late dad who I miss very much. I'm not a real fan of .380 or this one's less than easy thumb safety but it's all about its meaning to my dad and myself. It's also the first handgun that I ever shot, a happening from many decades past.

The Dead-On Accuracy Almost Like A Rock Star category: my CZ 75 Shadow T/SA, my beyond belief GPS/laser/telepathic guided missile launcher. Out of Arizona and Hobdell's magic shop, it's been my ultimate shooter these past seven years and beats anything handgun-wise that I've owned or shot prior.

The Wondrous, Timeless Beauty That It Hurts So Good category: I do admit that lookers can get to me. This category's easy to narrow to just a singular one, however...my 4" Python, blued to the nth degree like The Lord meant all revolvers to be. My P210 is a distant second to the sexiness of this lustful beaut.

The Ultimate All-Around End-Of-The-Earth, Not-Going-Down-Without-A-Fight Tool category: why my G23s, of course. Nothing else, except perhaps my G19s, comes close. And even then I can MAKE my G23s into a '19'...or a '32' for that matter. Could even turn one of them into a carbine thanks to MechTech. Yes, the ultimate 'multi-tool' by far.

The Technically Considered A 'Pistol' Even Though It's Not In Spirit A 'Handgun' category: my 8" MPX, runner-up for the ultimate tool category. I considered my 300BLK AR pistol build but the MPX is just so tidy.

Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My SIG P220-10mm is the most accurate handgun I own and a joy to shoot.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majbgd:
Does anyone have a Model of pistol/revolver that has just worked for them better than anything else. For pistols a SIG P230 SL or P230 just have been super reliable and accurate. Not the best 380 choice anymore but I love mine and carry it when I probably could carry a more effective pistol. For revolvers a 3" S&W Model 10-8 or possibly a Ruger Speed Six 357 magnum. Accurate and reliable. Do you hace a pistol/revolver that works that well for you?

While my west german p230SL with hogue checkered grips is my favorite pistol and probably to me the best looking pistol out there, The P225 would be the last pistol I would ever part with

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Colt Detective Special.

DSCN1945 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Shocked I am.
Thought you'd be a Lucky Strike kinda guy.
Nice spread Rolan.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Of my entire collection, my P228 is special to me more than the others.

It's special because it was given to me by a forum member (Q), simply because he wanted to spread some generosity around and for appreciation of one of my posts. He is the most generous person I know on this board.

I'm never getting rid of that P228!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Rolan, I quit smoking in 2009 after a Heart Attack - Those Camels look good enough to eat - Sorry for the analogy but there a few out there that know what I'm talking about -

Lovely Table Setting.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 subcompact. It’s a laser, perfect size, 13+1. It not like I wanted to like it. It just happened that way.

Revolver, Chiappa Rhino 2”. Damn thing just works. Recoil is just incredible for the size. 357 feels like 38, and 38 feels like a .22.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post

My most carried since the 80's 22 cal Walther ppks made in Germany.

Yes, those camels look so great, makes me want one. But quit years ago.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 1960 East German 9X18 Makarov. With combat sights, VERY accurate at 21'.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably my Dan Wesson CBOB, although I do have the twin to Rolan's Detective Special, even has the Tyler T-grip on it. I also have a second Detective special as well, just in case...

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
Rolan, I quit smoking in 2009 after a Heart Attack - Those Camels look good enough to eat - Sorry for the analogy but there a few out there that know what I'm talking about -

Lovely Table Setting.

Yeah, I quit over 10 years ago, and was sorely tempted to fire one up. But I knew that would lead to two, and then a pack and I'd be back buying cartons.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Colt Officers BSS unmolested.

posted Hide Post
Colt model 357 revolver. December 22, 1964. Foot
chase through snow for one quarter mile pursuing counterfeiter near rural Painesville, OH. He was shooting at my partner and me with a S&W .357 Combat Masterpiece. We won; he lost. That Colt I
shall ever cherish!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
First handgun I ever purchased. Star PD in Starvel finish. Bought in 1975-76 brand new in box. Was smart enough to buy spare springs and buffers years ago. Probably shot 300 rounds through it but I still enjoy simply taking it out of the safe and fondling it!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butterflyeffect:
for me, its my Colt Python elite 6" stainless. That gun makes me feel like Dirty Harry.

Plenty a Pythons in Magnum Force

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I heart my '61 Colt Python shooter.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
My Sig P226 X5 Competition is just magic to shoot. I love playing with that gun.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I'm a little disappointed that I have no recent pics of my well used, plain Jane S&W 686-3 with a four inch barrel and Pachmayer rubbers on it.
I will never sell it and value it above all my handguns.
It feels and shoots as close to perfection as possible, to me.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post