SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    That one gun that is special
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That one gun that is special Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a Model of pistol/revolver that has just worked for them better than anything else. For pistols a SIG P230 SL or P230 just have been super reliable and accurate. Not the best 380 choice anymore but I love mine and carry it when I probably could carry a more effective pistol. For revolvers a 3" S&W Model 10-8 or possibly a Ruger Speed Six 357 magnum. Accurate and reliable. Do you hace a pistol/revolver that works that well for you?

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
What? Do we have to narrow it down to one? Confused Can't be done.

Posts: 9109 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
That would be this 2002 build Wilson CQB. It's just a pleasure to shoot & after about about 20k rounds it hasn't had a single malfunction with any of my reloads or factory ammo. When I used to edc 1911s only, this was my go-to carry.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
What? Do we have to narrow it down to one? Confused Can't be done.

I agree. I have more than one favorite pistol.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 35 that is the perfect storm of, sight radius, wait, capacity, and power.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Probably my M11-A1.

Before moving to Oklahoma, I carried a P228 since 1998. It was the last weapon I sold to help take care of my old man.

When I got back on my feet, this was my first purchase. It's over 3k with no issues at all. It will shoot light years ahead of anything else I own. I carried it daily until last year. I still have it on my side when I go out of town on a trip though. This will be the one buried with me.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Just plain works" for me? P220 with the American mag release in .38 Super.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Wilson.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I ask who made the knife?

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by majbgd:
May I ask who made the knife?

The knife is the Bushnub model by Fiddleback Forge.
https://fiddlebackforge.com/

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Colt Detective Special.

DSCN1945 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P225 Classic. So great I have 3 of them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15995 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Ironbutt, that’s a fantastic looking EDC. I am going to assume that is a picture from when it was new?

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Pictures. I love the old Colt Detective Specials and the P225 has a cult all its own.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
^
Great minds think alike. Razz

Although it wasn't my first Sig (that was a used 226), it was my first NIB firearm I bought when I turned 21. A NIB 1994 Sig 228. I wish I kept a round count, but it has never had a single malfunction of any type.

It was stolen (by an ex-girlfriend) and recovered, and has been with me ever since. I joke that I will be buried with it, but eventually it will go to one of my sons.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of loathe to admit it, but my Smith & Wesson MP Pro C.O.R.E. 9mm is the one gun I have that doesn't make me feel like an idiot shooter. The red dot is probably what makes the difference. But if I want to show tight groupings and awesome Mozambique Drill skills, this is the one I go to.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post

It's my often spoke about ratty P-228 WG 1991 vintage and my 24/7 companion. I bet my life on this weapon and it has served me well. Chris

Hey I figured it out Sorry for the larger photo I'll learn sizing later. Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Anchor,

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
1980s vintage Beretta 87BB. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Good ‘ol Glock 17 in the 3rd gen variant. I have one that has about 8500 rounds through it over a decade without any malfunctions and shoots X’s all day long and twice on Sunday.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post