SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any issues with Mec-Gar mags for the Ruger P series?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any issues with Mec-Gar mags for the Ruger P series? Login/Join 
posted
So I know there are a few Ruger P series aficionados here and am wondering if anyone has ever had issues with Mec-Gar made mags for them versus Ruger factory mags?

I would like to pick up a couple more for the P89 I got recently (due in part to this forum) and they seem to be a little cheaper than Ruger factory mags.

Although I have never had any issues with the Mec-Gar made Sig factory mags I have, I figured it would not hurt to check.

Thanks!

Posts: 338 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any issues with Mec-Gar mags for the Ruger P series?

They are gtg. When I had those P89/93/94/95 tanks, I used them Mec-Gars with zero problems.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar makes many of Ruger's "factory" mags and has for years.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mec-gar is 100 percent good to go. As said before, they make many of the factory mags for a bunch of manufacturers. I prefer them to new factory mags due to cost and they are about the only substitute mag for me.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only Mec-Gar I have no trust in is the P227 14-rounder.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies.

Posts: 338 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to go , I still pick up the fact mags when I see them , they are not much more .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post