SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rigid nylon holsters (as opposed to Kydex)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigid nylon holsters (as opposed to Kydex) Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I recently bought a Phalanx "Stealth Operator" for my Glock 19 Gen 5. First impressions are quite good for a $35 holster.

The only concern I have is that the nylon seems thin, but the claim is that it's plenty strong. The retention is pretty good.

photo owned by the manufacturer

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
I recently bought a Phalanx "Stealth Operator" for my Glock 15
Glock 15? Tell me more about this. I never heard of that model.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

It's the high capacity version of the Glock 7, with 8 round magazines (7+8 = 15).

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
^

Typo'd. Fixed. Cool

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
It's the high capacity version of the Glock 7, with 8 round magazines (7+8 = 15).
Ah. Sooner or later, I will buy a Glock. Now I don't know whether my first Glock should be a model 7 or a model 15.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
There are various type of nylons with different strenght and durability. I have a nylon IWB holster by DeSantis and is very durable. I don't think you will have to worry too much as it looks like this is for CCW. Good luck with it.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently bought a Phalanx "Stealth Operator" for my Glock 19 Gen 5. First impressions are quite good for a $35 holster.

The only concern I have is that the nylon seems thin, but the claim is that it's plenty strong. The retention is pretty good.

photo owned by the manufacturer

It’s hard to tell from their picture how tight it holds in towards the body. Have you tried it yet with an eye towards CCW or do you think its more in line as a range/training holster?

Thanks.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
It’s very snug against the body. Yes, intended for concealed carry (I wear untucked shirts year round). I’ve worn it a few days and it is pretty comfortable.

Heck, for less than $40 I guess I can just buy a spare.

RB

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s very snug against the body. Yes, intended for concealed carry (I wear untucked shirts year round). I’ve worn it a few days and it is pretty comfortable.

Heck, for less than $40 I guess I can just buy a spare.

Thanks.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have never thought of buying anything else than a leather holster prior to getting my hands on a kydex type. I like how thin it is and how well it retains the pistol when carrying. When I first read the title, I thought about holsters like the Bull Dog hard/rigid nylon type holsters and thought,although they have their place, they are way too big for me to carry anything in them. The holster you have looks nice and I might have to give it a try.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up, this is a great little holster. I've worn it most of the time when I'm not working and it just disappears. No issues with discomfort when sitting. The retention is very positive without any unnecessary gadgetry.

RB