SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally did it--P229 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally did it--P229 Legion Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I ordered my first P229. I got the Legion. I owned a P226 Legion at one time and loved it but ended up selling it because it was just too big. I'm hoping the P229 will be a better fit for both range and carry.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy your new toy!!

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
I ordered my first P229. I got the Legion. I owned a P226 Legion at one time and loved it but ended up selling it because it was just too big. I'm hoping the P229 will be a better fit for both range and carry.

I own both the P226 and P229 Legion. The P229 is a better fit in my smaller hands. I love both guns, but lean towards the P229 because it fits my hand a little better.

Good luck and enjoy it!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
That's a nice piece! I sold my P229 Enhanced Elite and I regret it. I think the legion would make a nice replacement.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the P226 and the P229 though.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your new Sig!

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my P229 Legion. It carries very easily and shoots better than I am capable of. I was at my LGS buying some P320's to replace my Glocks and they had it there. I could not get it out of my head and after explaining to my wife that I had no NEED for it and that it was pure lust, she gave me the green light. I left immediately and bought it before she could change her mind. I still love my 320's but the 229 Legion is special.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish the offer a 229 Legion SAO.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I've got the P229 Nitron Compact with Siglight sights, love it.

If it wasn't my first pistol, I might have upgraded to the Legion - real nice.

Enjoy and post pics and range results!
Bruce

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post