SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 v 2.0 Compact M&P
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 v 2.0 Compact M&P Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good call ... probably not a bad call either way (yeah, I should run for the Senate with a line like that).

I didn't think I would like the Glock 19 Gen 4. I didn't like any of the previous Glocks and have never been a fan of grips like it has. But my G19 is amazing. Always runs, fits my hand so very well, very accurate to the point it will print (for me) a 3"-4" group whether the target is at 7 yards or at 20 yards and very efficient size/weight for comfortable carry in my Crossbreed Super-Tuck. Funny that as perfect as this gun is I am likely to going to transition back to carry a SIG. I have been shooting SIGs since 1978 so they are like the second most natural thing I can put in my hand. Recently picked up a new SIG P225A1 and ordered a Wild Bill paddle ... will see how it runs.

My only dislike about S&W was the goofy warning on the side about the gun able to fire without a mag. But I understand (never seen or held a M&P 2.0) that said warning is gone. A "Warning" on a gun is a real turn off to me.

Enjoy!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*I* shoot my Apexed triggered 2.0c noticably better than my Gen 5 G19 with most types of ammo. Mine really likes the 147 gr HST ammo. I would not have known this without buying and shooting the pistol. Recoil and muzzle flip are pretty much a draw. I like the grip treatment better on my 2.0 than my Gen 5 G19, as it really locks your hand into the grip for recoil control, where for me the glocks can become a little slick with sweat, etc.. For some people the 2.0's grip texture might be a little on the aggressive side when carrying IWB. While the M&P is pretty easy to work on, the Glock wins in that area, but in reality once my pistols are set up the way I prefer them, I literally never have to change anything on them other than RSA's. Both are fine choices IMO.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I was going to get a g19 gen 5 but hated the mag cutout. I understand there is a fix coming for that soon, though, so I may revisit.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I was going to get a g19 gen 5 but hated the mag cutout. I understand there is a fix coming for that soon, though, so I may revisit.

The mag cutout is the same as the 2nd generation. Pearce makes a mag base that fills in the cutout.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post