SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 v 2.0 Compact M&P
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 v 2.0 Compact M&P Login/Join 
posted
I'd like some feedback on an upcoming purchase. I will be getting a 2.0 FS 9 for a duty gun and I'm considering a 2.0 Compact or G19 for a backup.

Part of me says go M&P 2.0 Compact as it takes the same mags and such. I do like to customize my guns and shoot suppressed so I'd like a few things like a flat trigger and threaded metric barrel which are not available yet.

On the other hand I'm considering the Glock. I like the ability to put any part on it that I can possibly conceive of needing or wanting. Parts are readily available and I dont have a problem moving from one platform to another. I dont like the grip angle but I've looked at a grip force adapter and that seems to be a good fix.

Your thoughts are appreciated as always.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot. I'm thinking of adding an RMR so with the CORE models not out yet for the 2.0 thats making me lean a bit over to the Glock side as well.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I would get the MP, if for nothing more than same trigger and mag compatibility.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I am biased. I would choose a Glock over almost anything.

However, in your situation, you should probably get the M&P. The commonality of trigger familiarity and magazine compatibility is overwhelmingly in its favor.

The only thing that would change that is if you got the duty gun and just absolutely hated it.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I am wondering if the trigger is such a big deal as I switched the trigger for an apex flat trigger on my old backup and will do the same with this one. Its probably going to be different either way.

posted Hide Post
Some good comments on the 2.0 in this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3090059234

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I went in and after comparing them side by side I went with the Glock 19 Gen4. It felt better in my hand and I’m not sure the Ubertexture of the 2.0 will be good for where I’m carrying it. I’m headed to the range tomorrow so I’ll give a better report then. And apparently I might need to post in the you will buy a Glock thread if all goes well.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I might need to post in the you will buy a Glock thread if all goes well.

Happens to the best of us. Wink

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I love 2.0 FS. I really like the Gen5 G17. I have only handled the 2.0 compact. I have quite a bit of time on the Gen5 19. My opinion is pretty simple. From shooting the Gen5 17, 19 and 2.0 full size head to head, I have found that my 2.0 has a bit more felt recoil than the 19. That is what I see in my hand by doing sight tracking drills. Reports from folks I trust say that the 2.0 compact is over sprung. From a speed shooting perspective, I'd say that makes the 19 a no brainer.

At some point, I'll pick up a 2.0 compact. But, for today, I'm sticking with the Gen5 17 and 19, and the 2.0 FS.

YMMV.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a Vid review of the 2.0 compact, Gen 5 G19 and the P-10c pistols:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffoYs7PBMc&t=406s

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
2.0 is also heavier than the G19 by 2 oz, give or take.

May seem like nothing, but it's just another part of the equation.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
2.0 is also heavier than the G19 by 2 oz, give or take.

May seem like nothing, but it's just another part of the equation.

Thats probably because the 2.0 pistols use a stainless steel insert imbedded in the frame that runs almost to the end of the frame for rigidity along with them also using stainless steel giude rods in their RSA's instead of plastic ones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
For me, the grip of the Glock just doesn't feel good. It's not the angle that bothers me, it's the hump at the bottom of the back strap and the thickness.

If the G19 grip works for you, then it's a toss up IMO. The 2 guns are so similar that the ergo difference is all I really notice.

Given just how close they really are, I'd go with the 2.0 Compact just because you'll be able to share mags.

If you don't care about the grip ergos and the mags, I might go G19 just to have something different.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Man, ain't it great that we have so many good choices these days?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
For me it's not much of a question on which way I'd choose given what I already carry, but the 2.0 Compact would still be a close second. I do like this generation of 'compact' far more than their first effort, and if I'm going to add another non-Glock striker to the horde I already have it will this S&W. For you however, I'd think that the S&W would be the natural fit and choice. But as others have said, we live in great times with regards to all of the excellent choices available.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 and I just got the new 2.0 Compact last week.
So far I only have 200 rounds through the M&P so take my opinion with a grain of salt. The fit and finish of the 2.0 is very impressive. There are zero machining marks on the slide and the metal reinforcement in the frame makes it feel extremely solid.
To me both the M&P and the Glock shoot very similar with the M&P's curved trigger being the most noticeable difference followed by it's aggressive stippling. Out of the box I was able to shoot the same size groups as I could with the Glock but the ergonomics allowed me to index and grip the pistol faster and with more confidence.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^

Indeed. Market is virtually flooded with outstanding, low-cost, quality arms.

My local dealer has more 'good deals' now than he has had at any time in recent memory.

Fortunately for me, I have low enough funding to repress the overwhelming desire to buy the shit out of everything!

M&P 2.0, G5 Glock, CZ P10C, Beretta APX, and probably more that I'm forgetting - so many good choices.

ETA: HK is the one I was forgetting. With their VP series, they're finally a player worthy of consideration with the above guns. Prior to the VP series, I considered them a luxury line more than a serious contender (due to high prices, not arguing their quality).

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the G19, great gun in any generation IMO. The 2.0 Compact is another gun I think is going to be a true G19 competitor. I love mine and all my G19's.

My 2.0 Compact next to my Gen 5 G19...

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^
+1000

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post