New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Pistols Login/Join 
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I am saving money up to buy a S&W 41 model still about $500.00 + short right now.Maybe next year i'b be able to buy one.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
SR22's - I have 2 of them, one for each of my boys. They are actually getting to shoot them for the 1st time sometime in the next 10 days while on vacation at my friend's house.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
SR22's - I have 2 of them, one for each of my boys. They are actually getting to shoot them for the 1st time sometime in the next 10 days while on vacation at my friend's house.
They are great plinkers and a good way to establish good habits. If I haven't been to the range in a while that's what I used to start with before shooting anything more powerful. I probably should have never sold mine. They feel great in the hand and are just plain fun to shoot.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Only a Beretta 89 Gold Standard.

Ruger Mk II 22/45, and CZ 75 Kadet kit are on the wish list but I'm too lazy to actually buy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark 1
Sig Trailside
Herbert Schmidt S/A revolver (it also has a .22 magnum cylinder)
Looking to get a 22/45 with threaded barrel and a can soon

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I own a Ruger Mk II standard, A Ruger Mk II 5.5" bull barrel and a High Standard Victor. And a Beretta .22 Short Minx, if that counts.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't have a lot but I haved owned plenty. This is what I have now.
High Standard Sport King
High Standard Supermatic Citation
Ruger MKII tapered heavy barrel
S&W 63
S&W 41
S&W 617
S&W 2206

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Currently I have a Walther P22, Ruger Wrangler and small derringer.

I’d love to have a Beretta 70.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
How do you feel about the 41 vs a tuned Mark IV

In my opinion, the model 41 is the best currently available 22Lr pistol on the market.
It has the best out of the box trigger and it is very accurate.
They can be a bit finicky about ammo choice.
The Ruger Mark IV tuned with Volquartsen triggers and the Volquartsen bolt or bolt enhancement kit is more reliable and becomes closer to the 41.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want the very best accuracy potential the 41 is the choice.
If you want the most fun easy to live with and upgrade get the Mark IV.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My one and only .22 is a P250

Great DA to teach my recoil shy wife how to shoot

Posts: 14 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: October 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I do believe my Beretta 70s is the cutest pistol I own.
In addition, several MKII 22/45s, MKIII lite, a Ruger Standard, Beretta Neos, CZ kadet kit, a couple Rough Riders, 2 NAA revolvers, a GP-100, P220 and P226 conversions, and even a 22lr kit for my LC9.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
I am saving money up to buy a S&W 41 model still about $500.00 + short right now.Maybe next year i'b be able to buy one.

IMO you could use the money you've got now to get started with a Ruger MK II/III/IV and then upgrade a bit at a time. You could be shooting while you're saving. Just make your Volquartsen wish list and get started.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark II with Volquartsen 6” competition upper, phenomenal shooter!
Walther PPQ 5”
CZ kadet kit for CZ75.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&W 41

I debated on buying one of the examples that we got in a couple of years ago. Even brought a discussion to the forum under my old account. Ultimately I passed on it for purely cosmetic reasons (the bluing on that particular gun was 'less than acceptable' for such a spendy pistol) and one of our regular customers bought it instead. I got to actually shoot that very same gun in the spring of last year; it was very nice but to be honest it didn't do anything better for me than my Victory did on that same day. It may be a homelier design but the less expensive S&W certainly brought home its worth and value in spades. Shades of the old S&W22 are effectively dead and buried with Lil' Miss Vicky (no I didn't actually name it that...but maybe I should. It's been a sweetheart of a shooter, with zero PMS episodes).

That range session also convinced our customer to buy one for himself. He now has two Victory pistols (that I know of).

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What makes the Model 41 more inherently accurate than the Ruger? My first thought is trigger, but once you go the Volquartsen route it actually is better imo. So, two fixed barreled guns how is the 41 more intrinsically accurate. Better barrel to start with? What?

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really hate when you post that gun rhino. I really need to get off my butt and thread one of my 87’s.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 41s
Glock 44
Ruger MK2 5.5 HB

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Couple of Ruger Mark IIs, a Beretta 87BB...

How do you like the Beretta? Is it the long barrel or standard? I’ve been thinking about getting one or an 87 Target, but can’t decide if it’s worth it or to just go with a MKIV.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post