posted Hide Post
Ruger MKI Target Heavy tapered barrel
Ruger MKII 5.5 HB
High Standard HB
Ruger Charger
S & W Victory
Browning Buckmark

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old model single sixes (2)
Ruger MK 2 (2)
Browning Buckmark plus
High Standard Sport King

My first pistol was a Ruger three screw single six with the flat loading gate (1953). Maybe a million of rounds through it?? Who knows. I sent it back to Ruger for a refinish and an overhaul. They also did the safety recall at no charge and returned the old parts. I later bought another old model three screw but with the later Colt style loading gate.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate to admit it but I haven't been shooting any of my .22 pistols lately. Last time I had one out for a spin was with my Victory TB, shortly after my Optimus can was released from ATF purgatory...nine months ago. I had brought my 6" Trailside along as well but my nephew shot that one; I never got around to it on that day.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have these so far:
- Ruger Mark II
- Ruger SP-101 (original version)
- Colt Frontier Scout 2-tone (Was my Dad’s)
- Colt Frontier Scout blued (was my Father-in-Law’s)
- Reising (I’ve not fired this one; was also my FIL’s)

Planning to purchase:
- Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical
- CZ Kadet upper for my CZ 75

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I shoot these...But NOT enough! Wink

- Ruger MK II 50th Anniversary Edition - 4.4" Tapered BBL
- SIG P220 w/.22LR Conversion - BBL Threaded/Extended by Tornado Technologies

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
One day soon. I am going to post my collection of SW 422 pistols. I currently own 6 of them, my favorite and always work well.

I highly recommend you pick one up, I am convinced prices will only go up on them.
Can you take them down without tools. How much are mags.

I have been through many different .22’s. I have owned a Ruger Mk’s and didn’t like the grip angle but the newest version looks a little more enticing and is easy to take down.

Are there ant specific 422’s that are more desirable than others.

The only .22 I have kept is my Browning BuckMark but I would like another .22

1s1k

They do require a "tool" for disassembly but a fired 22 case works just as well as the factory plug.

Smith dropped the 422 line maybe 20 years ago so mags are fairly rare and expensive, but still available. 422 mags and Model 41 mags are generally interchangeable.

There 3 basic versions of the pistol. The 422 has a black anodized aluminum frame and a blued slide, the 622 is silver with a stainless slide and the 2206 is all stainless. I believe they all came in 4 and 6 inch versions. I have seen a shorter (2 inch?) 422, not sure if the 622 or 2206 came in a short version. They were made with plastic grips and fixed sights or wood grips and adjustable sights. There are also a few factory ported versions in the wild.

The 4 and 6 inch 422/622's are fairly common. The other variations are rare and probably worth more to a collector.

There is a 60 page thread on the 422 family on rimfire central in the Smith and Wession sub forum if you are truly interested.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Herkdriver.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a fondness for all 22’s but especially pistols, and have owned dozens over the years.
Right now :
S&W 17
S&W 34
Colt challenger
Beretta Jaguar
S&W 422
Marvel 1911 conversion kit
The 422 is. Very reliable and approaches but doesn’t quite make target competitive accuracy. I plan on jumping into a .22 can soon ( once the one I want is back in stock) and will get an adapter for the 422.
The short versions of the 422 series mentioned above were the 2213 and 2214.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buckmark, with several Tandemkross aftermarket upgrades. I love it's feel and balance and it is very accurate and very reliable. I am planning on putting a Holosun 508T V2 or 509T RDS on it as soon as they become available. I have found through the years that only fixed barreled .22 pistols have the accuracy I am looking for, because for me, only really accurate guns are interesting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Nice Wiha Insulated Screwdriver! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.22's in my heard -

Browning Buckmark Plus
Ruger MKII standard 4 1/2"
S&W Victory
S&W Model 18

On the list - Kadet upper for CZ75

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Had a Sig Mosquito Jamamatic

I still have mine.... Why? Its a darn good training tool for teaching students how to clear malfunctions! I love that pistol for that reason! What do I shoot???

Browning Buchmark Target
Ruger MK III Slabside
and my current favorite
Ruger 22/45 Lite
I have others also.....

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 87, Beretta 70S and Ruger MkII standard.All are great but I like the 70S the most.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A Ruger Single Six, Ruger Bearcat, Ruger 22/45, High Standard Trophy, High Standard Sentinel, S&W 18, S&W 422. Had a couple others over the years that went away, only two I regret selling, a S&W 2213 and a CZ Kadet upper, but I sold it back to the guy I bought it from. He sold it cheap during hard times. When life turned around I sold it back. Killed me, but I did the right thing. lol Was never able to replace it.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Presently have only 2.

Smith and Wesson Victory with some Tandemkross and Volquartsen stuff. Pending a Volquartsen threaded barrel for a can.

Ruger 22 Charger, added the Ruger BX trigger and a Harris bipod. Tackdriver

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mk II NRA edition and a Walther PPQ-22.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Only one, my S&W 351c in .22 magnum.
It's a real hoot.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with Volquartsen Black Mamba LLV4-4 1/2 inch Upper and Volquartsen Competition Bolt and Trigger Package.
Basically and Exactly a Black Mamba.
Volquartsen VM-22 Magpul Edition 22Lr Rifle with Leupold 3x9 Rimfire Scope / Leupold PRW2 Ringset and Atlas Bipod.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have also owned
SW 41 models
Sig Sauer Hammerli Trailside Target
Ruger Mark IV Competition with Volquartsen Trigger Package.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
How do you feel about the 41 vs a tuned Mark IV

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post