SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm new here, first post. Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm new here, first post. Trigger Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased my first Sig...a fullsize p320. I'm wanting to get a trigger kit with 4 lb. pull. I've checked Apex and Grayguns and they're vague. Some ads say 30% lighter than stock but stock seems to vary by 2 or 3 lbs. Could someone please advise? I intend this for occasional carry and someday the range. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 18 | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
I intend this for occasional carry and someday the range.

Welcome, but hit the range before you start carrying.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have mentioned that though I'm new to Sig, I've carried a CZ75B or Glock 27 for years, daily.

Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I put a straight APEX in my P320cRX. According to the trigger gauge, there is no "real" difference in pull-weight but due to geometry, it feels much lighter.

Easy install.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your dislike with the OE trigger shoe?

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
^^^ Agree.

I won't say the Apex trigger kit (including trigger bar) is that much lighter than the factory, but reset is definitely better and overall feel is improved.

I don't have a trigger pull gauge to give clear figures.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the only pistol I have that will be "custom" to me. I've ordered a Grayguns laser cut grip module and I want, don't need, a flat trigger that has very little travel, breaks crisp and little reset. The only gun to compare is my 10/22 with a 3lb. Brimstone kit..it's unbelievable.

posted Hide Post
I have a GG flat trigger in my .45 320 Compact. I dont feel it reduced the pull weight but it did improve the fit and feel of the trigger to my finger.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The grayguns adjustable triggers are nice; they won't really lighten the trigger pull that much, but the leverage with the straight trigger feels like it, and you have the option of adjusting overtravel.

Grayguns makes some good competition triggers, but those should only be installed on competition pistols, not on anything that's going to be carried.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came across the Sig/Armorycraft site and it seems to have what I'm looking for. Dual adj. flat trigger. 30% reduced trigger pull, adj. pre-travel and over-travel, reduced reset. $89.00. Does anyone have advice/opinion on this. I'm starting to overthink it.

posted Hide Post
Really anyone versed in SD will frown on a light trigger. You want to be able to get your finger on the trigger just as you are extending your arm toward the bg (you have 100 percent decided to fire)

A light trigger coupled with lack of SD training is a recipe for disaster IMHO

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ADC...and others. It's finally occurred to me that if I actually do have to use my weapon...I won't know if it's 10 lb or 5 lb. I'm going to order a flat trigger and be happy. Thanks to all.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Welcome here KenB!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome. Clint said it all.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is put a couple hundred rounds through that 320 before you make any modifications... and you might by then decide to not even make them.

Oh, and welcome....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Ammo ain"t cheap right now but put a couple hundred rounds down range prior to any changes to the trigger. trigger pull on the range vs dry fire feels different. And heaven forbid that you modify the trigger and a prosacuting attorney in a court room tries to portray you as a blood thirsty killer. Have seen where the attorney tried to call into question of the ammo used eventhough it was the same ammo that local LEO"s carried while on duty........................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a decent supply of shtf ammo, but only 750 rds. Of 9mm. It hurts to think about using up 200 at this point. I am holding off on any trigger till after inauguration day. Our small town range is all but abandoned