SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 10mm Mag source
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 10mm Mag source Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a P220 SAO in 10mm. I can't find the 10mm mags anywhere? What happened? Are there any merchants still carrying 10mm mags for the P220?

I know about using the 45ACP mags but will pass on that option.

thanks Doug

Posts: 67 | Location: Wimberley, TX USA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting for them to come "in stock" again at SIG to get my free pair from last years "free mags & a bag" , program.

Few months back I bought a few from either Greg Cote or maybe Top Gun Supply? $33 each I think.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$33 each is a pretty drn good price. I bought several at my (not so) local SIG Elite dealer at about $46 each IIRC.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Curious as to why??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Curious as to why??

I will be using this pistol as my pig hunting back up. Don't need anything that could cause a failure.

Posts: 67 | Location: Wimberley, TX USA | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougk:
quote:
quote:

Curious as to why??

I will be using this pistol as my pig hunting back up. Don't need anything that could cause a failure.

Makes sense as I only use the factory mags when loaded for bear but I have quite a few ACT .45 mags that I use for practice and have not had a single hiccup.
Nice not having to download the mags for practice ammo.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my magazines from Selway, you could check Osage County too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougk:
quote:
quote:

Curious as to why??

I used the .45 mags almost exclusively when I first got my 10mm. Until I found a particular Underwood load that would not fit/feed. IIRC, it was their 230gr Gold Dot. The problem was, as loaded, the bit fat end of the 230gr bullet would not clear the double dimple at the top of the .45 mag, whereas the 10mm mag is more wide open at the top. At that time, I located a good deal on 10mm mags at Ammunition Depot (~$34 each), so I loaded up on 10 of them, and now use only them for the 10mm.

But for 99% of what I would shoot in the 10mm, the .45 mags work just fine.

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was able to get a 10mm P220 when they shipped the first 50 of them ahead of schedule. Bought extra mags for it before they all sold out.

Thinking if I ran out the door and grabbed a mag full of the wrong ammo. It wouldn't work out all that great later.

Ammo specific mags prevent this. Be it a P220, Glock, or a Desert Eagle.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been using the Sig 45 mags as part of my normal range gear for 2 years now. Zero problems with multiple exercises.

Granted it's plenty of a PITA to not have Sig be willing to sell a few.....

I got a few from Greg Cote, & found even an old German version 220-45 mag works reliably, although it's ugly.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 mags worked better than 10mm all the time.

I don't see any available from dealers

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Called SIG today to inquire about WHERE my two free mags are, from last years "Two mags and a Bag" offer.

The Gal stated they thought 10mm 220 mags were soon to arrive as they are getting mags delivered currently.

If You wish to buy from SIG, I'd call now and do a back order.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post