SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    complete disassemble reassemble of p238
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

complete disassemble reassemble of p238 Login/Join 
posted
thanks in advance for reading.

i own a glock 17 and i occasionally tear down that gun to clean it. lots of information on "how to..."

i'm looking to purchase a p238 in the near future and i was trying to find directions on how to break this gun down. and from what i understand, there are also pieces i shouldn't tamper with on it when i take it apart.

appreciate the assistance.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite what some may claim complete disassembly of a pistol for routine user level maintenance is not needed pretty much ever! I have taken slips and dives in swamps with my pistols completely submerged in foul water and adequately cleaned them with field stripping. My primary glocks have never been retail stripped since owning them many for 15 years or more and one has seen thousands of rounds of cast lead too. Cleaning beyond what it takes 5 minutes to do is highly highly overrated

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome!
The P238 is nice.
I agree with the Captain above on cleaning.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Welcome newbie. This is a great forum where you can learn a ton about SIGs and other guns. I own 30+ handguns, but have never taken one fully down to the frame. Are you doing it for the fun of it or do you like to detail strip to clean it?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Welcome newbie. This is a great forum where you can learn a ton about SIGs and other guns. I own 30+ handguns, but have never taken one fully down to the frame. Are you doing it for the fun of it or do you like to detail strip to clean it?

honestly... both.

Posts: 3 | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are videos out there. Like many guns, it comes apart a lot easier than it goes back together. Certainly not necessary to detail strip to clean (normally), but if you're curious...good luck!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
As soon as i get to my PC I'll post a link.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post