SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MK25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MK25 Login/Join 
posted
Hi guys having a snow day today in NY so went to my local places and came across a like new MK25 . Being what I consider a sig person I have 6 all p series mostly , I really don't see one I don't like lol just thought I would check who has one and if it's anything above my west german 226 ? I'm sure the anchor on the slide has me drawn in . They are asking 950 looking for your input thanks in advance

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well theoretically it has extra nice stuff and some modest differences. 1913 rail, corrosion stuff and a few others that may or may not excite you. But I mostly think of it as a very nice 226. I don't know about NY but if there was one around here at 950 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
In today's market, buy it. If you have sellers remorse, you can likely sell it for more. Win either way.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Probably a good price for New York State..
used or new?

personally I think they put the anchor on the wrong side.... But just like with the Legions it's mostly marketing... but I have to admit they got me on both the MK-25 and the Legion train.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They got me on the legion train also but that has some nice upgrades . I know there is a chrome lined barrel and a phosphate coating on the parts and the anchor of course but other than that it's a really cool 226 .

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really like the 226 lineup, you should have one of them in the family. Smile

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've been salivating for a MK25 226 for years. But with an Exetor 226 and an early 80's 226 already sitting in the safe, it's been a bit difficult to ... Pull the Trigger (pun intended) on one. But, knowing me as I do, I probably will soon.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Got one in un-fired condition a few years back for $850 and it is in the safe in the condition I bought it.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to sell my MK25 recently, as my hvac and fridge died at the same time. It really is a nice gun and the standard rail makes it even better. I added an E2 grip kit to mine and I much preferred it over the standard grips. For $950, that is not a bad deal right now. I had the Cali. model and only $900.00.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I've owned various 226s since the '80s, carried a 226 every working day for several years. I've had a MK25 for several years now. The MK25 has the features mentioned, but I don't consider it better than the WG 226s I've owned, just different. Mine hasn't been shot a lot, but has been literally 100% reliable with any and all of the several types of ammunition I've tried. I do like the fact it has a regular 1913 type rail, rather than SIG's proprietary rail. I don't know current prices.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wondered why the UID label was reversed on the German framed mk25. It's a great pistol.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My UID sticker fell off so it’s just sitting in the box. I could probably reverse mine as well with a little stick glue. Lol I’m kind of amazed anyone’s stays on at all. I have a Legion and a Mk25. They both are very nice. As a Navy guy though I have to give the nod to the Mk25.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The MK25 seems to be the nicest 226 on the CA roster. Given that off-roster guns are commanding huge markups in CA, the MK25 with GGI trigger enhancement might be a nice ticket here in Kommiefornia.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post