SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there a black legion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a black legion? Login/Join 
posted
I ran across this 226 legion, no photo of the label on the box, the owner says it is factory new.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe they are available to LE departments. I would much rather have regular nitron instead of the PVD or Cerakote gray.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the black over the grey pvd.
We shall see.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The blacks have normally been available only to LEO / first responders. But a few dealers have listed some described as sourced from a separate production run. For example, compare the two ads below:

https://modernwarriors.com/pro...26-9mm-black-legion/

https://thesigapp.com/sig-saue...6r-9-legion-sao.html

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That second ad has a glaring inaccuracy in the description, claiming a Nitron finish on the frame. Nitron isn’t applicable to aluminum.

Noteworthy: NRA certified instructors are eligible from the Osage County LEO items. I qualify.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is it Nitron or PVD? Or is "Black Nitron" just a color and not an actual finish?

From the Modern Warriors web page:

quote:
Sig Sauer P226 Black Legion – DA/SA

In October of 2015, Sig Sauer announced the release of enhanced pistols based on their P226 and P229 families called the Legion Series. These upgraded pistols include many features widely requested by professionals and avid shooters. SIG worked with GrayGuns, Inc. to develop this pistol. Bruce Gray has been one of the most visible individuals in P320 enhancements with a number of packages offered to improve accuracy and trigger performance.The Black Nitron PVD finish was originally manufactured by Sig Sauer for Law Enforcement purchase only. Now these items are available on the commercial market. These were a limited run and once they are gone, they are gone! Sig Sauer is no longer producing the Black Legion finish.

The Legion series has the following enhancements:

Black Nitron PVD finish on slide and frame
Front cocking serrations (Elite style slide)
Solid steel guide rod
GrayGuns Inc. Intermediate Adjustable Trigger
Checkered trigger guard underside
Enhanced polished action with short reset trigger
X5 undercut on the frame
More aggressive front strap checkering
Sig X-Ray night sights which offer high visibility during day and night
Reduced profile decocker and slide levers
Reduced Elite beavertail
Custom checkered G-10 grips
Ships with 3 anti-friction magazines

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dobie
posted Hide Post
I picked up a NIB black P226 Legion RX back in mid April. It was old stock, so I got a pretty nice deal on it. Shop owner remarked that he liked this one better than other Legions with its black finish. I didn’t know enough about them to notice the difference until I bought it and started to research things. Sure enough, I love the black finish. It matches my MK 25 perfectly. The box label on the Legion includes “LE”, so I’m assuming that it was originally made for that sector.

Posts: 1814 | Location: ohio | Registered: August 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the odd 'Legionnaire' out....

I like the grey coating.... My P226 Legion is probably the best looking semi I own.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not unless it votes for Joe Biden

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Longjohn, are you intentionally trying to get this thread locked by inserting a political remark?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dakor, just put him on ignore and move on.

I don't know, I prefer black guns. If the PVD finish was a bit more wear resistance I would be sorely tempted.