SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 9mm ammo preferences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 9mm ammo preferences Login/Join 
posted
I read somewhere that some Sigs don't like weak 115 grain range ammo. And that 125 is preferred.

I have shot a 9mm P320 Compact FDE rental at my local range and used cheap Remington 115 range ammo. The P320 Compact shot it accurately and without malfunctions. I also ran some Federal 115 through it and it did fine as well. Of course, this was a range rental and the RO at the counter said it had over 6,000 rounds through it. I've tried the gun out twice and experienced no issues with 115 grain range ammo.

Just wondering if 125 grain is recommended to break in the P320 Compact for a certain number of rounds before using 115 grain.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any standard 9mm ammo from 115 grain up to 147 will work fine in the p320 from day 1. There is no break in period with the p320 and if you have problems with a new one should probably call Sig. I’m not aware of any service type pistols (Glocks, S&W M&Ps, etc.) that require a break in period. All should be ready to go out of the box.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
To back up what jtd85 posted, I've shot a few hundred rounds of 115, 124, and 147 gr 9mm through mine, new and remanufactured. No hiccups at all, and all shot accurately. I haven't tried any hollow points yet though.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I bought three P320 /9mm pistols before the upgrade, two compacts and one subcompact. As with all my 9mm pistols, I shot a mixture of factory 115-124-147gr (no +p in my guns) to test them. Not a single malfunction. Then I shot a mixture of factory jhp. Not a single malfunction. I carry with only 147gr jhp.

When returned from the upgrade, I did an abbreviated re-test since so many people were concerned about how the upgrade would negatively effect the platform. Not a single malfunction.

If only SIG made cars, or electrical appliances...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any issues with 115 grain 9 mm Luger ammunition in my P320 compact or my P250 subcompact.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have about 500 rounds through mine, including 115-grain, no stoppages. My carry load is Federal 9BP (its stocking number), a 115-grain standard pressure hollow-point.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting Winchester USA 115 gr. white box and American Eagle 115 gr. in my full size P320 from day one with no issues at all.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Is everyone satisfied with the P320 after the upgrade. I've seen varying reports, but most seem positive.

I'm interested in the Compact.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've been using the 9mm 124 NATO from Men, a German company, SGAmmo.com has had it for good price all year long. I started getting 200 round battle packs and just got 1k in an ammo can.

I've found it clean shooting and accurate, no issues in my P320 C or Beretta/Wilson ComTac.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
No difference at all in functionality from before and after the upgrade.
In fact I think my trigger is a little better now since the UG.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Both of mine eat everything without a problem, triggers both slightly better upon return from upgrade.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
All my SIG 9mm pistols will shoot anything. Get what's least expensive in your area and shoot away.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post