SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grease on tight guns - is it a "lapping compound"?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grease on tight guns - is it a "lapping compound"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It seems like 80% of gun owners and 100% of gun shop commandos have a pet theory about lubrication and lubricants.

Here is mine. I use whatever grease I got a free sample of at the last gun show on the rails, hinge pins, cranes, etc. I use whatever oil I got a free sample of on action parts. Except when I use some grease for that, too. I prefer grease for most purposes as it stays put longer.

All my guns work fine. No lapping, no galling, no seizing.

Same. I use no fancy schmancy "oil/grease" of the week.

Aeroschell grease and Mobil 1 synthetic oil or CLP for oil. DONE. Effective, proven, CHEAP.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love grease lube oil discussions. Yay! Can we break out pictures of rails with varying amounts of wear? Pretty please?

You are probably over paying for your lube. Who cares though. It’s your gun.

Personally I have a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 that I use to top off my cars. It also fills up a lube bottle that will last me roughly, forever! I have a tube of inexpensive white grease I use where I want grease. It all works. Don’t bake with it though. Lol

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I love grease lube oil discussions. Yay! ..... Lol

Me too. It’s like with shaving and debates over lather and skin cancer. 99% of men with skin cancer shave, a doctor told me.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post