SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where to go for best/good price on Shield RMSC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go for best/good price on Shield RMSC Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted
I am seriously thinking of buying one or two Shield RMSC sights to mount on a couple of M&P Shields or P365s. I have several RMRs and have located good pricing on them. Unfortunately, I can only locate RMSCs at prices close to RMRs. Blah, blah, blah. I do like the RMS I have but find it nowhere near the quality of the RMR and thus would like to find as good of a price as I can. I'm a capitalist and will pay what I need to pay; but, I like to do my due diligence before I buy.

So, that's the long convoluted version of "where have any of you found the best price(s) on Shield RMSCs?". Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No idea, I looked into them online but could only find similar prices and I'll take an RMR everyday and twice on Sundays over anything else at the same price point.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
No idea, I looked into them online but could only find similar prices and I'll take an RMR everyday and twice on Sundays over anything else at the same price point.

Agreed. However, for daily carry and having an RMS, they really are more ideally suited for "fit" on these more compact pistols. They are not nearly as rugged as my preferred RMR; but, like I said, I'm going to mount one or two on Shields or P365s. If Shield would improve their warranty and provide glass lenses, they would be steps ahead of where they are. Most I have found are at suggested retail prices. Is anybody aware of any distributors that provide a military discount on these?

Posts: 3518 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Maybe buy the PPS M2 with the Shield factory installed and then sell the base gun? I be think the price difference is about $250?

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades;
Master of None
Picture of Tomkat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:
Maybe buy the PPS M2 with the Shield factory installed and then sell the base gun? I be think the price difference is about $250?

I actually though of that. Or, just buy the PPS M2 setup as is with the RMSc and use it. I love my PPS M2. That combination with the RMSc is one of the better deals going. I've seen them a couple of times as low as $650. When you figure $400 +/- for RMSc and a $125 +/- milling job, all of a sudden, that is a really good deal.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat:
quote:
Originally posted by usp_fan:

I actually though of that. Or, just buy the PPS M2 setup as is with the RMSc and use it. I love my PPS M2. That combination with the RMSc is one of the better deals going. I've seen them a couple of times as low as $650. When you figure $400 +/- for RMSc and a $125 +/- milling job, all of a sudden, that is a really good deal.

I got my RMSC at Brownells. One of their discount codes knocked a few bucks off.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PhoenixTX
posted Hide Post
I bought my RMS for my M&P Shield at Brownells. After looking around that was the best price going. I waited for a coupon ... $20 off $200 with free shipping or whatever... that helped.

-------------------------------------
Some old German classic Sigs and some new polymer Sigs...

Posts: 203 | Location: OKC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Shield Sights (UK): Brownells is their
U.S. distributer. ($400)
I bought one from Lone Wolf for $350 but I see
theirs is $400 now too.
It seems Shield Sights sets the price everywhere like Apple does.
Already have the RMS and a RMSc working and will
likey go another RMSc for my P365.
I hear about the "ruggedness" for the RMR... Doubt they're more rugged than the shield. (Shield originally built the RMS for them) A reviewer mentioned racking his pistol with the Shield during competition. Also, wound up shipping just the sight in a plain envelope via
USPS across country with no damage and zero remained the same.
The "lens" on the Shield is "10X more rugged than on the other glass ones".
Just wish they wouldn't set that price.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post