SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Took the Germans out to the range (Walther/HK)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took the Germans out to the range (Walther/HK) Login/Join 
posted
So I took a select few of my German pistols out. I'm pretty close to going all in on the Walthers at this point. They just seem to fit my hand and I shoot them lights out (for me at least). Here's a family portrait...Walther P99AS 9mm, Walther P99c AS 9mm, Walther PPQ M1 9mm, HK VP9-Tactical (w/ 4 in. standard barrel).

I've got to say that the PPQ is my favorite of the bunch. For a while I've been really favoring the VP9, but after shooting the PPQ it's just not as good. The PPQ is by far my best shooter. I highly recommend taking a look at the Walther lineup as I think it is highly undervalued in the US. I just wish I had jumped on the bandwagon when the $100 rebate was still available.

Posts: 210 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooters!

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... nice German cousins you have there!

Q: Have you tried the PPS? I have yet to compare the PPS - the Classic model which I have - to the P99c ... I would imagine that the triggers would be different for one, let alone the grip in the hand.

... yes, must do the compare myself soon.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a soft spot for Walthers as well. I have the 5” target model PPQ’s in 9mm,40sw,& 22LR.
They are hard to beat for the money, especially with that trigger. Wink

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thought you were actually talking about German citizens... I was down in Florida at a conference a few years back and a buddy and I took about 5 germans out to a range and shot full autos... they had a blast but one of the guys was running for some political position over there and asked me to never show the pictures we took.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... nice German cousins you have there!

Q: Have you tried the PPS? I have yet to compare the PPS - the Classic model which I have - to the P99c ... I would imagine that the triggers would be different for one, let alone the grip in the hand.

... yes, must do the compare myself soon.

I haven't, though if I was in the market for a single stack compact it would be high on my list based on my experience with the P99 and PPQ. I have a Glock 43 and Shield in 9mm and .45, so I've pretty much got the single stack compact role filled.

Yeah, I'd expect the P99c to feel quite different than any single stack compact...it's definitely different than the G43 and Shield. I quite like the feel of the P99c. It shoots very similar to the full size P99.

If the DA/SA/AS trigger isn't your cup of tea, then you might want to try the new PPQ compact. All the goodness of the PPQ in a smaller package. I personally like DA/SA for defensive purposes, though I could use some more practice on that DA first shot.

Posts: 210 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post