SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    sig P-228 DAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig P-228 DAO Login/Join 
posted
Came across almost new Sig P-228 DAO two tone stainlees steel slide (West Germany) serial # B 129 xxx gray box marked DAO. Can someone give me some Info on this Sig. Also like to know can it converted back it to Single action.
Thanks

Posts: 51 | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRL:
Came across almost new Sig P-228 DAO two tone stainlees steel slide (West Germany) serial # B 129 xxx gray box marked DAO. Can someone give me some Info on this Sig. Also like to know can it converted back it to Single action.
Thanks

As fas as I know, there are no ss slide P228s. There were a few ss frame P228s made in 2012 and 2013, though.
The DAO P228 can be converted to DA/SA.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Built in 1991, it most likely has a nickel-plated slide. As 12131 wrote, there were no stainless steel P228s then.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it look like mine?

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted my DAO 228 with no issues. Just get the parts from Brownells or Top Gun Supply. It’s really easy to do. I got my 228 TT DAO with less than 100 rounds fired for $400 because no one wanted a DAO. $50 in parts and it’s now a DA/SA shooting machine.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top gun supply lists the 5 or 6 parts needed to make the conversion. I have a dao 225 I bought the parts for to convert. Just have to find a good tutorial on the procedure.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a west Germany DAO P228 converted to DA/SA. It was only 2-3 parts and an armorer job. You could probably do it yourself. I'd also check the springs, there are several generations of springs out there.

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post