SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Olight Valkyrie 2 WML
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olight Valkyrie 2 WML Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
Anyone ever tried this? I know of olight and they have a well regarded reputation for inexpensive flashlights. (Their S1 is one of the most well regarded smaller single CR123 on the market especially for at price point)

Obviously WML is not necessarily their thing.

For 100 bucks at 450 lumens and a nice locking level I might give it a try.

It seems pretty compact for a single CR123 and I know some will question the locking lever mechanism but I like the ability to add in or remove extreamly quickly (carrying in a non WML holster, using as a handheld light if necessary etc)

The controls seem decent as well.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Are you thinking of the PL2? The Valkyrie PL1-II does have 450 lumens, but the PL2 (which just came out a couple weeks ago) sits at 1200 lumens, uses 2 RCR123A batteries, is at $99.99 and is more akin in size to a Streamlight TLR1.

That said, I love Olight products. I have 9 of their lights, mostly the M line but also have the Valkyrie PL1 (first gen) light. The PL1 itself is good and used to be mounted to my P229 as my nightstand gun. Activation is easy (push forward with your trigger finger or support hand thumb), though it did come with solid/strobe/blue navigation light (which I have never used). The PL1 used a single RCR123A battery so it is fairly lightweight, but I HAVE experienced accidental activation of the light and resulting in a dead battery when I went to turn the light on.

You may find the following video helpful (not by me); Youtube user compares the PL2 to the TLR-1 with live fires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBR8ocRqxGs

I fully plan on picking up a PL2 as soon as the first production is through and any kinks have been resolved.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Yeah my bad on the model confusion apparently they had

PL1- single battery 400 lumens, discontinued
PL1-v2 single battery 450 lumens, improved locking mechanism, $80
PL2- two batteries 1200 lumens, $90

I am probably looking at the PL1V2

Thanks for the feedback

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Mech, what's your favorite m series I might grab one of them also!

Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
To me the PL1's locking mechanism did not pose an issue, it sat rock solid on my 229. Do you know how they improved on the PL1-II?

My favorite would have to be the M20SX Javelot. Takes two RCR123A (or a single 18650), tail cap switch, side button mode switch (low, medium, high, strobe), and the throw is incredible. I picked up a second one from BatteryJunction when they had the Olight 10-year anniversary sale going on for $55.00. My first Javelot was purchased back in 2016 and they had a slightly yellow tint to the white LED; the newest one that I purchased 2 weeks ago have snow white LED now, which is much more to my liking.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post